Sign in to follow this  
Parthiban

Led "pulse" Brakelights

Well I've decided that I'm not going to fit these after all, having second thoughts about them and possibly might just go for those LED rear clusters instead. Thought I'd offer them up here first for anyone who may have missed out on the group buy before sticking them on ebay.

I've got a pair of the bulbs, and a pair of load resistors still all brand new (cost me £45)

Will take £40 for the lot, including p+p :)

Shame.....ive had loads of positive feedback from mates.

Gord was interested in these but I'd already sold out....PM him

Parthiban, a word of advice before you decide to go for the LED rear clusters, I would like you ppl to no I had mine for about 5 months before they started to go wrong, slowly but surely individual LED's start to defuse and before you no it they stop working.

I have resided back to the originals now. If you do decide to go for them, you will need resistors as the hand brake warning light (!) will anoy you! they are easy to fit DONT go through an electrician as I did cost me 60 pounds. I will advise if needed the connections as they slightly differ.

I have fitted my LED rear clusters, and the hand brake light is still on and stays on.

What is the reason for this? Are these clusters causing this?

I have fitted my LED rear clusters, and the hand brake light is still on and stays on.

have you fitted a resistor in the wiring of the light units??? if not thats why the light is on

have you fitted a resistor in the wiring of the light units??? if not thats why the light is on

now thinking of buying these LED rear lights what kind of resistor is needed and where abouts does it go?

The one-piece LED clusters DO NOT require a pair of load resistors....they should be a direct plug n play

Thats what i thought direct plug n play but after fitting them the handbrake warning light does not go off.