Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is 250: Sport Or Luxury?

Hi everyone! :)

Tomorrow is my big day, cuz I am going to buy NEW LEXUS IS 250. :winky: At least I am 90% sure that I will buy it! :P

I test drove only SPORT version and I am going to buy luxury version, cuz I've heard that u feel the road less with it and here are not the best roads so u can feel everything with SPORT VERSION. :angry:

I would like to ask u if there is a big difference between luxury and sport, cuz my dealer has told me that it is not that big just slight difference.

I would like to know ur opinion! :question:

Thank you in advance. :)

Kate

Hi Katrina,

I just bought executive(SE) with MM package here in Ireland and I can thoroughly recommend it....leather seats /sat nav/ surround sound etc.

I had escaine/alcantara seats in my IS200 and loved them,,,,,but I wouldnt like any harder a ride than the 17" wheels give.

Hi Katrina

There is no much difference between the sport and the SEL. I had the SEL and now have sport..obviously the drive is firmer, but you get the 18 inch alloys. It depends what you want.

The other difference is in the features:- SEL has leather seats, wood trim, illuminated scuff plates,ventilated seats and sun shade(which the sport doesnt have). Whereas, the Sports come with 18inch alloys and sports suspension and sports pedals. All other features are the same.

The sport is also cheaper by £1500-2000.

Having owned both the SEL and Sport version, I now think I should have bought the sport version at the first instance and saved myself some money.

Javeed

Hi Kate, which part of Europe are you in? I guess the specs. of the cars may differ where you are. At the end of the day there is not a lot of difference. In the UK sport is only available as a manual ( at the moment ) so that may be a deciding factor. If you like 18 inch wheels and a slightly firmer ride then it's the sport, if you line it smoother an more luxurious then you go for the SE ( my choice ) or SEL.

Well it all depends what you are looking for, and what are the packages available in your country.

But it will be easier to fit 18" wheels on a Luxury Pack (we call it Pack Executive over here) than to change escaine to leather seats on a sport package. So unless you hate wood dash boards, you may be better off with a Luxury. But still, that is only my own opinion. ;)

Thank you 2 ALL 4 ur reply! :)

I actually know what exactly luxury and sport pack. includes I was just wondering if there is a big difference when u drive luxury and sport, cuz some say that with sport u can feel every hole on the road and I was wondering if with luxury u don't feel it and if it is more quiet. :question:

I actually know what exactly luxury and sport pack. includes I was just wondering if there is a big difference when u drive luxury and sport, cuz some say that with sport u can feel every hole on the road and I was wondering if with luxury u don't feel it and if it is more quiet. :question:

Yes, the SEL is quiet and Sport is firmer. Dont they have a Sport and SEL for you to test drive?

Javeed

I was after the Sport but also wanted leather. Now have a full spec SE-L MM retrofitted with sports pedals and 18" alloys. I find the standard suspension set-up more than adequate so wouldn't consider the sports suspension which would no doubt increase road noise and give a harder ride.

Funnily enough I didn't think the Sport was noisier, even with the wider wheels...

The ride is a bit harder around town, but you'd hardly notice, though less floaty at speed. So, if you want a comfortable ride with the toys (cooled seats etc) then "Luxury", but if you like to throw it into corners then the Sport.

All the new Is models have a firm ride Its a bit better on teh 16 inch wheels Kate if you have been told that the luxury version will soak up the bumps better dont buy that! If you want a softer ride then the BMw is not better ! but the mercs are

alan

Yes, the SEL is quiet and Sport is firmer. Dont they have a Sport and SEL for you to test drive?

Javeed

Javeed, Have you driven both back to back for an extended period of time?

I own a sport and have had an SE for over a week and done hundreds of miles in it, and there is very little in the ride and nothing in the noise.

All the new Is models have a firm ride Its a bit better on teh 16 inch wheels Kate if you have been told that the luxury version will soak up the bumps better dont buy that! If you want a softer ride then the BMw is not better ! but the mercs are

alan

True, and so is an Audi A4 and Jaguar X type....

alan

Mondeo X Type :P

alan

Mondeo X Type :P

:lol::lol: how could I forget?

Javeed

I own a sport and have had an SE for over a week and done hundreds of miles in it, and there is very little in the ride and nothing in the noise.

I have had the SEL until last week. I have driven the Sport for almost a week now and can feel everything on the road. It may be the roads in Tunbridge Wells! Having said that, its not noisier, I love it, especially the color - Mesa Red.

Javeed

I have had the SEL until last week. I have driven the Sport for almost a week now and can feel everything on the road. It may be the roads in Tunbridge Wells! Having said that, its not noisier, I love it, especially the color - Mesa Red.

It might be worth people checking tyre pressures. I've had cars come out the dealers with very wrong tyre pressures.