Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus 220d Sport

The car has really loosened up at 2000 miles and I find it to be a really flexible engine - the sport gearbox is also different from the 200km'h needed in 6th gear for the others - a bit of an exaggeration there :P

The quote of mine you used was an old one.

There are tuning firms here doing the same stuff - I will give it a few more miles and then get the thing "black boxed" - then it will demolish things when overtaking on the motorway. Great for back roads too - but like any turbo car needs to be kept on the boil.

Brian :)

i posted that previously - it needs few more miles on it.

I read your comment on another thread about Avensis T180 - yes, its funny too, isnt it? In Autobild, Avensis's 2.2D4D engine, same as in IS220d, gets rated better than 320d, its the best engine on the market and it beats competition left/right in every test... yet when IS220d fights 320d, it is a lot worse engine... its just funny :-). Most of it has to do with the fact that Avensis is not an true competition to 320d...

I would not suggest black boxing it yet. Wait for the oficial TTE kit. If Toyota decides to warranty it themselves, it would mean it passed all of the hard tests with flying colors...

Keep in mind that diesel engines these days are all aluminium and very powerful already...

i posted that previously - it needs few more miles on it.

I read your comment on another thread about Avensis T180 - yes, its funny too, isnt it? In Autobild, Avensis's 2.2D4D engine, same as in IS220d, gets rated better than 320d, its the best engine on the market and it beats competition left/right in every test... yet when IS220d fights 320d, it is a lot worse engine... its just funny :-). Most of it has to do with the fact that Avensis is not an true competition to 320d...

I would not suggest black boxing it yet. Wait for the oficial TTE kit. If Toyota decides to warranty it themselves, it would mean it passed all of the hard tests with flying colors...

Keep in mind that diesel engines these days are all aluminium and very powerful already...

Evenin' all.

The TTE option does look very exciting, especially if warranties are left intact! :P

The engine is powerful alright and as has been said, will loosen up with mileage, but the additional flexibility the extra horses and lb's would give will make a huge difference to many, (not all admittedly) drivers, especially those of past Impreza ownership and the thought of leaving a few Beemer drivers in ones wake is also rather appealling! :D

VERY true - and quietly too...

:lol: I'd love to do that mod...

the thing is would you have to "up" the brakes set up of the car, is that not known yet? I'm new to potential modding like this...but would do it!!

PS - I'm happy with 177 BHP and 295lb of torque...I just wish it came in flatter between 1700 and 4500 RPM...'cos then the gearing could stay as it was and the car would go like a bullet!

VERY true - and quietly too...

:lol: I'd love to do that mod...

the thing is would you have to "up" the brakes set up of the car, is that not known yet? I'm new to potential modding like this...but would do it!!

PS - I'm happy with 177 BHP and 295lb of torque...I just wish it came in flatter between 1700 and 4500 RPM...'cos then the gearing could stay as it was and the car would go like a bullet!

The braking system on the sport (VDIM, etc) is really excellent IMHO and I cannot imagine any issues could occur, apart from a little overheating if you really hammered the car :excl:. For me, I am sure that I am more likely to cause the problem with poor judgement before the car systems begin to struggle :blush: ... the drivers judgement is required to take corners at an appropriate speed and allow sufficient stopping distance regardless to the power of the engine ... Tee Hee! :winky:

It'll be fun to find out though! :lol:

Have just heard BMW are bringing in a 6 cylinder 325d...194BHP...and 44.1 combined MPG...

....then to add insult to injury, they have decided to bring in a new 282bhp 330d...

Both come as Auto's. I know they're only BMW's, but Lexus if you do look at these threads, an auto 220d might help, especially one with a TTE chip, else....

Have just heard BMW are bringing in a 6 cylinder 325d...194BHP...and 44.1 combined MPG...

....then to add insult to injury, they have decided to bring in a new 282bhp 330d...

Both come as Auto's. I know they're only BMW's, but Lexus if you do look at these threads, an auto 220d might help, especially one with a TTE chip, else....

Arhh yes, but what about the bland interior design and as Mr Clarkson said, more 3 series were sold last year than Ford Mondeo's! :tomato: I quite like not being in a common car! :D not to mention rather good VFM with the standard kit in the Lexus :blush:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links