Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Whats The Best Way To Insure An Irreplaceable Ls400

Hi,

I have a bit of a dilemma in that I have just managed to purchase what must be every lexus owners dream, a 98 ls400 with a genuine 7,500 miles on the clock with full dealer service history, serviced every year, cam belts changed at 6,000 miles, the vehicle has done only 250 miles since it's last service 9 months ago and is in pristine condition inside and out complete with new car smell, I paid a bit over the odds for the car but figured it was worth it to basicall get a new 50k car except for the plate and we will be transfering our private plate anyway.

But I digress, I am concerned that if *** forbid anything should happen to it I dont want to receive standard book value on a 98 ls400, obviously this car is very likely totally unique and couldnt be replaced, in my opinion the only thing to compare would be an equivalent ls400 with only 7,500 miles which would have to obviously be a much newer vehicle to have the same mileage, does anyone have any advice on how best to insure the vehicle to safeguard the investment.

Thanks in advance.

You need to look for an "agreed value" policy like they do on Classic Cars. You would then need to provide photos and proof of value from somebody reputable ( LOC ? ). Try AON, A-Plan or Adrian Flus they should do policies like this on older cars ............. see if they will cover you.

You need to look for an "agreed value" policy like they do on Classic Cars. You would then need to provide photos and proof of value from somebody reputable ( LOC ? ). Try AON, A-Plan or Adrian Flus they should do policies like this on older cars ............. see if they will cover you.

Thanks for that, I will look into it

Hi and Welcome to LOC :)

As Steve says...

Sounds you got yourself a really nice car.

How about putting up some pictures of your pride and Joy :)

Chips..

I will be taking some pictures for insurance purposes tomorrow so will put some up, theres nothing like the new smell of a car of this quality, was concerned about possible seizures of parts but everything seems to be fine, the previous owner even updated the sat nav disk two years ago, (dont know why, if he only does less than 1000 miles a year he doesn't go far enough to get lost :winky: )it has a full service history and previous MOT's, even the toolkit is still in cellophane including the original batteries for the torch.

I am definately one very happy owner so far, as I mentioned, I think I paid a little over the odds at 10k (seller was asking 12k) as it is still a 98 car but it will certainly last me many years. way I see it it looks and feels brand new out of the showroom, once I get the plate on it I would defy anyone who isn't conversent with the ls400 facelifts to know it isnt any more than a few months off the production line.

Hi,

I was surprised when i bought my old mk1 LS400 to find all the tools and torch still with the car,my car was nearly 15 years old!!

I even had the Welcome CD explaining how much effort went into making the car and how to adjust the driving postion etc :)

The LS range is a Great Car and if i get another the mk4 like yours is the one id go for B)

Chips..

Hi,

I was surprised when i bought my old mk1 LS400 to find all the tools and torch still with the car,my car was nearly 15 years old!!

I even had the Welcome CD explaining how much effort went into making the car and how to adjust the driving postion etc :)

The LS range is a Great Car and if i get another the mk4 like yours is the one id go for B)

Chips..

Guess it's true, Lexus owners really do cherish their cars, just moved to this from a Jag XJ8 and it knocks spots off the Jag IMHO

Hi,

Yep the LS really are built very very well and its so quiet well your on the move.

A very relaxing car to drive.

Them Jags go well though dont they,i think the Oil burner version was quick,i saw one thrashing around on a trackday last year.

Chips..

Maybe I am a bit thick but why would it need a cambelt change at 6K.

How many services has it had on 7,500?

The car is still brand new.

Sounds like a good find enjoy :D

Some insurance companys offer a gap insurance wich means you will recieve what you paid for it in the event of a claim. Think its only available within the 1st year or so though

Hi,

I have a bit of a dilemma in that I have just managed to purchase what must be every lexus owners dream, a 98 ls400 with a genuine 7,500 miles on the clock with full dealer service history, serviced every year, cam belts changed at 6,000 miles, the vehicle has done only 250 miles since it's last service 9 months ago and is in pristine condition inside and out complete with new car smell, I paid a bit over the odds for the car but figured it was worth it to basicall get a new 50k car except for the plate and we will be transfering our private plate anyway.

But I digress, I am concerned that if *** forbid anything should happen to it I dont want to receive standard book value on a 98 ls400, obviously this car is very likely totally unique and couldnt be replaced, in my opinion the only thing to compare would be an equivalent ls400 with only 7,500 miles which would have to obviously be a much newer vehicle to have the same mileage, does anyone have any advice on how best to insure the vehicle to safeguard the investment.

Thanks in advance.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(T7RY B @ Jul 4 2006, 07:46 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Maybe I am a bit thick but why would it need a cambelt change at 6K.

How many services has it had on 7,500?

The car is still brand new.

Seems a bit over the top doesnt it, apparently its done on either mileage or years of age, seems like a great way to make money to me, according to the book the car was serviced at 263 miles 1430 miles 3375 miles 4195 miles 4685 miles 6271 miles (cambelt change) 7088 miles (brake fluid change and new updated sat nav cd) 7268 miles in sept 2005 and I collected it with 7504 miles on the clock.

Can anyone beat 8 dealer services on a car with 7500 miles on it? :blink: