Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Eek...

So, I finally got around to getting some new rear tyres today...

They looked okay on the car - but when the left rear came off - i had a shock at the inside edge:

DSC01328.jpg

Whats worse, this was in Lexus swindon a couple of weeks (and less than 100-200 miles) ago...

and during the 60k service -they said the tyres had 2.2mm left... and yes, they tried to sell me them, but when i refused (after the quote! :ohmy: ) they didnt warn me it could blow at any moment... otherwise i would've gotten it done straight away...

I'm just glad i decided to be productive in my lunch hour now!

So, I finally got around to getting some new rear tyres today...

They looked okay on the car - but when the left rear came off - i had a shock at the inside edge:

DSC01328.jpg

Whats worse, this was in Lexus swindon a couple of weeks (and less than 100-200 miles) ago...

and during the 60k service -they said the tyres had 2.2mm left... and yes, they tried to sell me them, but when i refused (after the quote! :ohmy: ) they didnt warn me it could blow at any moment... otherwise i would've gotten it done straight away...

I'm just glad i decided to be productive in my lunch hour now!

Surely there's sum legal obligation to tell you if it's unfit to drive like that, go get some new ones fast, but not from them :winky: .

Bloody helll

Its so odd, my 19" tyres are worn on the extreme inner edge, almost the tyrewall itself, 90% of the remaining tread looks like its only done couple of thousand if that!

Rear camber kits... when will they become available at resonable prices :(

Surely there's sum legal obligation to tell you if it's unfit to drive like that, go get some new ones fast, but not from them :winky: .

well yes... you would think...

and i only found out because i got them changed today... if i hadnt... well who knows!

Is it just the photograph or is the wear quite even across the main part of the tread?

If so how can it disintegrate so seriously on the very inner edge? Is that must be down to how the car is sitting when cornering because that's when the very edge of the tyre takes all the load.

Is it just the photograph or is the wear quite even across the main part of the tread?

If so how can it disintegrate so seriously on the very inner edge? Is that must be down to how the car is sitting when cornering because that's when the very edge of the tyre takes all the load.

yeah - at first i thought it was from serious toe-in - but the tread is pretty even up to the inside lip, then its awful! :lol:

Bloody helll

Its so odd, my 19" tyres are worn on the extreme inner edge, almost the tyrewall itself, 90% of the remaining tread looks like its only done couple of thousand if that!

Mines are used the same way, front and rear :(

yeah - at first i thought it was from serious toe-in - but the tread is pretty even up to the inside lip, then its awful! :lol:

It sure is! Just out of interest, how hard do you corner?

On a car I had a few years ago my front tyres looked like someone had shaved the outside edge of the tread with a pen knife - and I was told it's from cornering very hard.

How many miles have you had out of them?

And are they definitely the right type and profile, because if they're not the sidewall could flex too much - which is what it looks like has been happening.

Eibach are looking at releasing a kit for the IS/Altezza, camber and caster adjustable :)

Any ETAs on that?