Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Heat

Pip

Sat here eating tuna and cottage cheese sweating like a b!tch.

Seen ambulances pull up 3 times loading OAP in. They are dropping like flies.

Goodness where exactly are you? You sound like your in the middle of the Sahara desset!!! :o

This is England - it never gets THAT warm! How do you cope on holiday?

Anyway, I'm ok, in Manchester - its never that sunny here! :P :lol:

PS Just sit in your car and turn the A/C on! :lol:

I am actually near you dude!!

I am coping albeit not very well. On holiday there is A/C in rooms and places etc so i tend to be fine.

I am just dumbfounded by all the ppl passing out and pensioners being carted off!!

dose up on loratadine (non sleepy anti hayfever meds) , take regular cold showers, drink plenty. Enjoy the free show that women portray in skimy summer outfits :)...that'll take your mind off stuff!

A tip to keep you cool at night, providing you have an electric fan of course :D ...........Fill a plastic bottle with cold water and place in freezer ( do not overfill, remember ice expands). When frozen remove from freezer, place in front of fan, turn fan on ( of course), and hey presto your very own air con..

If you wake up thirsty you can then drink it :D

Coming back from cali (nr Long beach) I'm a bit aclimatised, but I still prefer it out there. Nice constant breeze coming from the sea. Here you get diddly squat...

My contact lenses are giving me grief though! Been having to wear specs all the time :geek:

Loving the Sun and warmth and the lovely ladies that seem to come out in the summer :winky:

You'd all be moaning if it was raining and cold. It is summer after all :D

Hayfever is really ****** me off though. :crybaby:

A tip to keep you cool at night, providing you have an electric fan of course :D ...........Fill a plastic bottle with cold water and place in freezer ( do not overfill, remember ice expands). When frozen remove from freezer, place in front of fan, turn fan on ( of course), and hey presto your very own air con..

Someone said that on Radio 1 On monday :P

Someone said that on Radio 1 On monday :P

I wonder where they got that from........I got the tip from one of the Doc's at the hospital where Alison works :D .

Don't listen to radio 1 Radio 2 is more my cup of tea :D

i only get hayfever in this country.. anywhere else i am fine. time to emigrate me thinks.

Same as that mate :angry: I use tablets, nasal spray and eye drops and it still does no good :crying:

i only get hayfever in this country.. anywhere else i am fine. time to emigrate me thinks.

Same as that mate :angry: I use tablets, nasal spray and eye drops and it still does no good :crying:

Benadryl Plus works well for me...

pip.. you should get some different hayfever tablets..

Fella, i have been through every anti-histamine known in the western world :blink: :

Loratadine (all the 2nd gen AH)

Periactin

chlorphenamine(all 1st gen AH)

Doxylamine

Cetirizine

Doxylamine

Each has their own side effects and drawbacks. i.e Doxylamine makes me look like a blowfish as it swells my face up :lol: .

Loratadine and the type make me drowsy and lethargic. :crybaby:

Periactin makes me sweat profusely and have palpatations for a few hours :angry:

It gets on my nerves so i keep swapping medication around that i mildly tolerate. It has gotten worse though each summer.

Pip,

DON'T Take anti-histamines..waste of money and time..they are so 20th century.. :duh:

Try Flixonase, it's a nasal spray and one of the most potent drugs available for hayfever right now. The unique selling point is that it takes care of all symptoms, even the itchy eyes, without needing eye drops.

Regarding workouts, are you taking glutamine supplements? Glutamine is given to car crash patients that turn up in A&E, to avoid muscle wastage due to the trauma. With regards to workouts, it reduces the time needed for your muscles to recover from a hard workout. Try 5-40g a day and see if it helps, it probably will. :lol: