Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Indicator Stalk

I would normally expect on any jap car that the indicator stalk is on the right, but I saw a picture of a UK IS200 interior that make me think it's on the left - is this correct?

I think technically on the right is best as you can work the gears at the same time but personally I'm just too used to having them on the left to want to change

Out of interest, what's the situation with the new IS (220/250) too?

Thanks Steve. I'm pleased to hear that. :)

Still quite surprised though, Lexus really have thought about the European market. On most cars from that part of the world they don't bother to swap them round.

Still quite surprised though, Lexus really have thought about the European market. On most cars from that part of the world they don't bother to swap them round.

I've only ever known Mazda and Mercedes-Benz to have them on the right. All the other cars I've ever driven (quite a few over the last 10 years) have been on the left - whether they're from Europe, the Far East or the USA...

Mike

I've only ever known Mazda and Mercedes-Benz to have them on the right. All the other cars I've ever driven (quite a few over the last 10 years) have been on the left - whether they're from Europe, the Far East or the USA...

Mike

My Nissan Sunny had them on the right

My Hyundai Coupe (new shape) had them on the right too.

Older British cars had them on the right (Vx Chevette and Reliant Scimitar to name two I've drive), it's technically correct for RHD I believe. I think the trend to the left started with european cars where they didn't bother to swap the stalk position over and we all got used to it being on the left!

Altezza has it on the right because it is a japanese domestic and they drive on the left...

They IS200 was the export and going to the States and Europe who (except for UK & Ireland) drive on the right...