Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Is22d Sport With Sunroof On The Way

Hi All,

Hello to me - newbie - moving from a modified 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX to a 220d Sport - a bit of a shift but right for me. Should be in the country within the next week. I will post up pictures and thoughts when I get it - CAN'T WAIT!!!

I am a moderator for the Subaru Impreza Drivers Club forums so I am no stranger to forums and posting - I am sure I will build on my post count rapidly over the next while. I have also joined as a GOLD member too :D

The car is a new 220d sport, Cadoxton Slate with a Lipary Ivory interior (with sunroof) and is being purchased from Edinburgh Lexus, salesman Sebastien Zamora. Service so far has been excellent.

Anyway, I'll now go and lurk in the shadows and read what you all have to say. Bye for now

Brian :)

Hi All,

Hello to me - newbie - moving from a modified 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX to a 220d Sport - a bit of a shift but right for me. Should be in the country within the next week. I will post up pictures and thoughts when I get it - CAN'T WAIT!!!

I am a moderator for the Subaru Impreza Drivers Club forums so I am no stranger to forums and posting - I am sure I will build on my post count rapidly over the next while. I have also joined as a GOLD member too :D

The car is a new 220d sport, Cadoxton Slate with a Lipary Ivory interior (with sunroof) and is being purchased from Edinburgh Lexus, salesman Sebastien Zamora. Service so far has been excellent.

Anyway, I'll now go and lurk in the shadows and read what you all have to say. Bye for now

Copycat :P

PS invest in some black mats, they are better wearing than the beige and look better IMO.

Welcome Brian :D

Thnks guys. Black mats it will be then.

Roonaldo - how do you find your interior looks/wears? It is being Supagard treated pre-pickup so hope that helps.

Fine, its still spotless, the only problem I had was when it came back from the dealers dirty after some warranty work!!

They got a professional valeter to clean it in the end.

But I find a clean washing up sponge and plain water is best at getting out any marks.

PS defo the best colour combo IMO :winky:

Welcome Brian :D

Thnks guys. Black mats it will be then.

Roonaldo - how do you find your interior looks/wears? It is being Supagard treated pre-pickup so hope that helps.

Fine, its still spotless, the only problem I had was when it came back from the dealers dirty after some warranty work!!

They got a professional valeter to clean it in the end.

But I find a clean washing up sponge and plain water is best at getting out any marks.

PS defo the best colour combo IMO :winky:

Thanks for that - the combo is 100% my choice but was total luck in getting it, and on the boat already!

Can't wait for it to arive now. Only unexpected was the sunroof - not something I would have specced up.

Lexus Edinburgh have been VERY good, as has salesman Sebastien Zamora.

The ivory matching mats are with the car, but he phoned today to tell me, amongst other things, that they were going to give me a set of black Lexus mats too, to keep the ivory ones clean and tidy when the weather was poor. Now that I like :)

Also, gong to arrange 1 weeks free insurance for me to cover the car for taxing purposes and allow me time to insure it properly - quality!

Picked up the car yesterday...it is superb - went away overnight as I had a day off today and we have managed to clock up 400 miles in it so far. Getting handbrake (maybe clutch) adjusted on Monday @ Lexus, otherwise it is superb. SUCH a good car.

Will post up pictures tomorrow daytime if I can. It looks immense. SO happy with it.

Pictures AT LAST - not the best and taken on my phone but you'll get the idea. Plate is going so no need to blank the numbers...

Loving it - 650 miles so far, handbrake been tightened and gearbox "mod" done by dealer to remove clunky shift in 1st and 2nd. Much better. A fabulous all round car - feels heavy, but still nimble. Can't wait to break the 10,000 miles mark and know it has loosened up a bit. Still feels VERY tight. Really glad to have it in the family. Managed 500+ miles (including a good few on the motorway) on its' first tank and I hope 400+ on its' second tank of £50 of mixed driving. Insurance around the £400 mark too - really can't argue. My first service is even free. This should be a cheap year (aside from the cost of the car, of course!)

Photo-0118.jpg

Photo-0119.jpg

Photo-0127.jpg

Photo-0123.jpg

Brian [:)]