Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Handsfree Cannot Be Fitted To Is220d!

I received my new Lexus 220d base model 1month ago and love every minute of.

This is my first lexus and indeed first time posting on a forum but I have kept an eye on this forum since I ordered back in February, what a close family the Lexus family is.

My problem is that the Toad Group have now been out twice trying to fit a handsfree kit to my lexus. Each time having the centre console etc out.

But they have imformed me that there is no cable avaliable through lexus or outside companies that will send the phone calls through the speakers. They could install a secondry speaker but it would be down by the knee airbags which of course would be dangerous, so they have given up.

I spoke to lexus leicester who have imformed me that there is no cable avaliable yet but their Bluetooth system could be wired into the speaker sytem but I would not be able to have a phone holder and charger, this would cost £490.

Has anyone else had a handsfree system fitted and who through?

Quickly about the car, it beats my other mercs, beemers and passats that I have had hands down, I have had no rattles from the car my only problems are controlling my right foot (*** it goes well) and forgetting that heavy shopping on the passanger seat sets the seat belt alarm off and why does the bootlid not open up fully when you push the remote button? Maybe a good thing as an insurance engineer I see a lot of damaged merc bootlids where they have opened on to something low.

I dont get it - Lexus has an Bluetooth kit (which is pretty darn nice), and of course it is connected to the speakers? This is new Lexus system, works much better than old one.

What you are saying is that some aftermarket manufacturer doesnt have an kit to connect to Lexus yet.

Is your dealer completly sure about not having an holder and charger? I would check accessories for IS and make sure it doesnt. It does not come with Bluetooth kit, but you might be able to order it separatly. I know that Toyota's using same Bluetooth kit have an option of charger/holder (although when you get used to it, it is more convinient to keep it in your pocket /forget about it).

yep, it sure does have it as an addon to Bluetooth kit:

http://www.lexus.co.uk/lexus_cars/is_new/i...s_interior1.asp

(page two, check top right two options).

I have had the kit Lexus fit as standard fitted 'aftermarket' through work (a certain coloured mobile company) and it works a treat!!

Forum link

It doesn't come through the speakers but they do mute and the secondary speaker is in a safe position. Let me know if you want some proper pics top help you with your fitter.

The kit I have is a Motorola IHF-1000, there is a cheaper version called an 850 but it loses some of the voice control which is very useful.

Thank you I will keep an eye on this site.

Treyarnon is a lovely place to stay, its a small and undiscovered area of cornwall.

When you travel down avoid the A30 Next to Bodmin, the traffic is stacked up for miles everyday at the moment because of the road upgrades. Go off the A30 at Launceston (Kennards House) and go onto the A395, then A39 its a lovely route and you will meet no traffic problems.

I dont get it - Lexus has an bluetooth kit (which is pretty darn nice), and of course it is connected to the speakers? This is new Lexus system, works much better than old one.

What you are saying is that some aftermarket manufacturer doesnt have an kit to connect to Lexus yet.

Is your dealer completly sure about not having an holder and charger? I would check accessories for IS and make sure it doesnt. It does not come with bluetooth kit, but you might be able to order it separatly. I know that Toyota's using same bluetooth kit have an option of charger/holder (although when you get used to it, it is more convinient to keep it in your pocket /forget about it).

yep, it sure does have it as an addon to bluetooth kit:

http://www.lexus.co.uk/lexus_cars/is_new/i...s_interior1.asp

(page two, check top right two options).

Thanks for your help, the system was getting fitted through Vodafone.

I spoke to a chap called Mark at Lexus Leicester who said there is no cable available to outside companies, there was no complete hands free system but the Bluetooth system without the phone holder and charger.

What can I say you've got all the imfo I need in one small link so I will give my local Lexus dealer (Plymouth) a call and see what they have to say.

I will post later with my outcome and costs.

I've the same car as you and fitted the nokia blue tooth car kit with a buddy of mine who does it for a living. he reckoned it'd be serious agro to link it tru the car speakers and it could result in rattles and invalid warrenty. we put the speaker in the corner far left corner of the pasenger footwell and located an ignition wire when we pulled down the trim above it. we threaded the microphomne cable to the drivers side and fixed it just below the steering wheel. the nokia button is on the steering colum. since the antenna is good on the fone we didn't fit the car one. the hard wire hook up for the fone if you don't wanna use Bluetooth or need to charge the fone is in the arm rest. all in all deadly job, no holes drilled or damage or marks to dash. while it doesn't switch off the radio i got one of those magnet things for the back of the fone, this lets the fone be fixed below the drivers air vent so you can see who's calling.

Hello People, I just registered yesterday, after lurking for some 3-4 months. I own a IS220d, which is about to 1 week old.

Since I live in Germany, I get to drive the car (even the 6th) to its fullest potential everyday. So far, no problems, no rattles, no nothing, only driving comfort and exhilaration (yep, you heard that right).

Anyway, I digress, coming to this point, I was interested as well in the Motorola kit, but hated the idea of an additional speaker.

This thread here:

http://www.v710.org/forums/showthread.php?t=2322

The whole thread is interesting, but if you want to go straight to the post where everything is explained, go to

http://www.v710.org/forums/showpost.php?p=...mp;postcount=37

After reading that you (or your installer) should be able to make the Bluetooth work through the car speakers. You need a "Loom" to make it work, conveniently enough, the guys who sell it are based in the UK as well.

Cheers

Personally, I think the Motorola kit is absolutely the bizz.

The Courtesy car I had was fitted with it, and whilst it's not the cheapest, the Voice Rec is fantastic.

Whilst people swear by certain brands, I had no previous experience of Motorola phones or HF Kits.

With no instructions I managed to pair the phone (Nok 6230i) and got to business!!

Just hit the button and at the menu say "Pairing"....it was that easy to start/connect to it...

I received my new Lexus 220d base model 1month ago and love every minute of.

This is my first lexus and indeed first time posting on a forum but I have kept an eye on this forum since I ordered back in February, what a close family the Lexus family is.

My problem is that the Toad Group have now been out twice trying to fit a handsfree kit to my lexus. Each time having the centre console etc out.

But they have imformed me that there is no cable avaliable through lexus or outside companies that will send the phone calls through the speakers. They could install a secondry speaker but it would be down by the knee airbags which of course would be dangerous, so they have given up.

I spoke to lexus leicester who have imformed me that there is no cable avaliable yet but their bluetooth system could be wired into the speaker sytem but I would not be able to have a phone holder and charger, this would cost £490.

Has anyone else had a handsfree system fitted and who through?

Quickly about the car, it beats my other mercs, beemers and passats that I have had hands down, I have had no rattles from the car my only problems are controlling my right foot (*** it goes well) and forgetting that heavy shopping on the passanger seat sets the seat belt alarm off and why does the bootlid not open up fully when you push the remote button? Maybe a good thing as an insurance engineer I see a lot of damaged merc bootlids where they have opened on to something low.

:D :D When I got my IS250 SE from Reading they fitted a LEXUS Hands free kit, I used to have a NOKIA in my IS200 Sport. The cost was a special and included overall in the purchase of the new car so I cannot be specific except to say that it is fantastic.

On start up as very pleasant female voice tell me when my phone is connected and the number of any incoming call, it has voice recognition for dialling and a very nice looking controller on the right side of the dash with a lLEXUS illuminated blue central menu button.

My advice is shop around for prices I always do and have found that LEXUS Agents vary dramatically, I am Oxford - Reading - Swindon area and Readings is by far the best.

Good Luck