Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250/220d Rattle In Dash Around Speaker Area

:angry: Hi all.

I know there have been parts in the lots of strings about the noises, but can anybody tell me exactly what they have found to be the problem with the rattle in the centre of the dash around the central speaker,,,and if so, what was required to fix it.

I am having an issue with the local dealer who has tried once to put some "insulation" around it (???), but didn't work and noise was back within two days, now they are trying the same thing again and telling me to wait until their expert comes back from Japan. :angry:

Well very common fault indeed but from what i can gather it's not an easy job probably best being left to the experts at least you can blame them again if they F :tsktsk: k it up

Must be really frutrating though knowing what these cars cost you expect a bit better from lexus what happend to the extensive testing before production surley this must have been found then:question:

I know there have been parts in the lots of strings about the noises, but can anybody tell me exactly what they have found to be the problem with the rattle in the centre of the dash around the central speaker,,,and if so, what was required to fix it.

I am having an issue with the local dealer who has tried once to put some "insulation" around it (???), but didn't work and noise was back within two days, now they are trying the same thing again and telling me to wait until their expert comes back from Japan. :angry:

Well very common fault indeed but from what i can gather it's not an easy job probably best being left to the experts at least you can blame them again if they F :tsktsk: k it up

Must be really frutrating though knowing what these cars cost you expect a bit better from lexus what happend to the extensive testing before production surley this must have been found then:question:

Two main rattles The one needs the dash removed and new pins fitted to stop it hitting up against the front rail and glass Also thicker rubber bead fitted to make a better fit,, The second it from the air con vnet area that needs a bit of trial and error but invloved adding 'felt' arounf the radio housing to get a better fit

both can be done with 100% cure but needs some expertise I am sure all lLexus service centres and getting to be experts on rattle fixes or these cars!

alan

alan

A light tapping sound that is stopped if you press the speaker grill in the centre of a non-MM dash is caused by the speaker wiring harness tapping on the underneath of said grill.Takes c.45mins to fix.

The other noise is said to be much deeper in pitch & is a dash-out job to stop the dash hitting the screen due to the Location Pins being slightly too small .

TEL :mellow:

A light tapping sound that is stopped if you press the speaker grill in the centre of a non-MM dash is caused by the speaker wiring harness tapping on the underneath of said grill.Takes c.45mins to fix.

The other noise is said to be much deeper in pitch & is a dash-out job to stop the dash hitting the screen due to the Location Pins being slightly too small .

TEL :mellow:

On Tuesday I got the "deeper" pitch sound from mine. :tsktsk:

Drove the car again for the 1st time since this morning, quiet as a muted mouse :tsktsk:

Could have been a nighmare!! It felt so real.... :o

The SatNAV silver surround still occasionally creaks :tsktsk:

Seriously - it's Jekyl and Hyde. I never know what's gonna rattle next, and I am losing confidence. I have decided to let the rattle be there 100% of the time before it goes in for a fix again. I can't be 'Arsked' anymore :yawn:

The good thing is that the B post rattle on both sides were the front Grab handles...just seated them properly and they're fine! :duh:

Jamboo,

After my Lexus Nottingham Visit to resolve my "tap" I came away confident Lexus do know what can cause the various rattles , where they are located , what the fix is & each Dealer has its own Test Track Route .

Secondly,successful fixes are geared to experience & your Leicester Dealership is one of the largest in the UK so the Team there will know exactly what the issue is without you having to prove it !

Tel :mellow:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links