Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Dreaded Err3 Message

Hi folks I know this has been talked to death but it's my turn to winge now got the dreaded err3 message on the CD player and it won't even give me my cd's back which must be about £100S worth which annoys me more than the the player f :tsktsk: g up because i was expecting that to break....

Anyway what's the damage for a new one at Lexus? ill probably look at buying aftermarket but it looks like a complicated Fascia around it any recommendations?

Oh and 've tried the cd wiggling thing as suggested in other topics no joy

Cheers

If your car is not over 5 years old its free to get it changed... otherwise you can get one off eBay! )

Aftermaket can be done too with a fascia (as you said) and I think the wiring to the speakers or something needs changing too?? Fargo, Raz, Necromax and other will be able to answer that.

If your car is not over 5 years old its free to get it changed... otherwise you can get one off ebay! )

Aftermaket can be done too with a fascia (as you said) and I think the wiring to the speakers or something needs changing too?? Fargo, Raz, Necromax and other will be able to answer that.

Is that true about the 5yrs warranty for the CD player? Mine has eaten one! One particular CD would sometimes just spin noisily, it was in slot 2 but slot 2 is now showing as empty. When I press the LOAD button there the smell of vwarm plastic..aw bugger!

Hints/tips most welcome....

If your car is not over 5 years old its free to get it changed... otherwise you can get one off ebay! )

Is that true about the 5yrs warranty for the CD player? Mine has eaten one! One particular CD would sometimes just spin noisily, it was in slot 2 but slot 2 is now showing as empty. When I press the LOAD button there the smell of vwarm plastic..aw bugger!

Yes, 5 yrs warranty :D

can't find anything about which fuses anyone know?

It could be in the manual ill have a look later

Tried pulling the fuses to reset the CD player? That might let you get the CDs out. I forget which fuse(s). Do a search and you'll find it.

can't find anything about which fuses anyone know?

It could be in the manual ill have a look later

Tried pulling the fuses to reset the CD player? That might let you get the CDs out. I forget which fuse(s). Do a search and you'll find it.

Try sending lexus jim a pm, as i know he had some cd'd in his and he got them out :D

Yes, 5 yrs warranty :D

My IS200 is a 51 plate, I thought it was only a 3 year warranty? If it is 5 I will be given the dealer a call.

Pulling the fuse...might try that when i get home from work.

Got my CD out by attempting to load another CD in the same slot! It started to make a noise so I quickly pressed the eject button a couple of times and BOTH CDs came out...amazing! I couldn't see anything wrong with the CD but a friend suggested that it might have been off-centre...ah well won't have to sell the car now :winky: