Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anyone Used These

I've checked the forum but it was some time ago since this was asked i think, have anyone bought these so called chips off eBay and do they really make any difference? It's a cheap mod but do you get any BHP out of it? I def know it's not going to be 25 lol..

here's the link

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CHIP-TUNING-FOR-Lexu...1QQcmdZViewItem

Updated Question for others: Have you ever fitted Nos to your IS200?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Its a bloody 0.01p resistor that simply fools your Air Sensor into thinking the engine is permamently cold...

This is the same as driving around with a manual choke pulled out...

It might make the car feel livelier - but it wont improve performance, at all, even a bit...

It will however, knacker your fuel economy, your air sensor, and probably your engine....

:lol::lol::lol:

Just read though the disclaimer at the end:

I have seen people mention the use of Premium Fuel but it is not Required.

Use of this aftermarket product is at your own risk. By using this product you argee to release us, from all liability and/or damages you incur by using this product, including, but not limited to damage, traffic violations, warranty issues and theft. This product has been tasted extensively and has been shown to be safe and not harmful to the longevity of the engine, however these are only current test results, not a guarntee or implication. This Chip is not for use on NOS equipped vehicles.

Glad to know they are doing a taste test :lol::lol::lol:

hehe ok no probs and thanks.. lol

I may add some other things to this thread latter that I need help on, so it's not a total waste of time :winky:

Ok new question has anyone here ever fitted NOS to the Lex IS200?

Is it worth it?

Any recommended companys? etc..

How will my insurance company react to it, I'm guessing not good at all knowing Norwich Union

I may add some other things to this thread latter that I need help on, so it's not a total waste of time :winky:

Is it worth it?

How will my insurance company react to it, I'm guessing not good at all knowing Norwich Union

Pete Jenkin and Fargo have both had NOS'd IS's at some point

Is it worth it?

i toyed with the idea of laughing gas, but due to the fact that my insurance company laughed at me i decided against it.

the best company, and the one most people use, is 'Wizards of NOS.'

i've been in touch with them myself and was quoted around 1K for a fully fitted system, with progressive minimax controller (advised) and polished 11lb bottle (no purge system....looks stupid IMHO).

if you wanna know anymore drop me a message as i have contact details for them somewhere :D

Yeah, NOS will cause you a pain in the wallet from the insurance point of view...

if your after improving performance - get an aftermarket zorst on there.. possibly and induction kit or even a charger...

Yeah, NOS will cause you a pain in the wallet from the insurance point of view...

if your after improving performance - get an aftermarket zorst on there.. possibly and induction kit or even a charger...

Won't a supercharger be a similar pain in the wallet from your insurance co (as well as costing well over twice as much as the 1k NOS system that is quoted above?)

Anyway, any idea what sort of (real) BHP gain can be had from an aftermarket zorst along with removing the pre-cats - is it really noticable? I got a mongoose cat-back with de-cat pipe on my last motor (Mitsi FTO) and can't say I ever noticed any performance gains (did sound lovely tho :) - but can't help thinking I could have got that from a new back-box!).

Won't a supercharger be a similar pain in the wallet from your insurance co (as well as costing well over twice as much as the 1k NOS system that is quoted above?)

Anyway, any idea what sort of (real) BHP gain can be had from an aftermarket zorst along with removing the pre-cats - is it really noticable? I got a mongoose cat-back with de-cat pipe on my last motor (Mitsi FTO) and can't say I ever noticed any performance gains (did sound lovely tho :) - but can't help thinking I could have got that from a new back-box!).

probably about 10 - 12 bhp with induction??

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links