Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Greetings

Tyger

I am taking delivery of my first Lexus next weekend!

I can't WAIT to get my hands on my LS430 and in the meantime hope to pick up valuable info from this great forum.

It is replacing a Nissan Skyline so quite a change is in store for me! :blink:

Welcome to the club!

Will be a bit of a change from the Skyline, no more whiplash when putting your foot down! Fair bit of poke in the LS mind, a lot more refined though.

Hi and Welcome to the LOC :)

What Model Skyline did you have?

Two Great cars designed to be Good at different things :)

You wont be disappointed with the LS its one of the most calming relaxing cars you could drive or be driven in,and still a Very Quick car for its size/weight.

Good Luck with your New car.

Chips..

Thanks guys!

I have a GTS T Type-M. It's a rear wheel drive 2.5L single Turbo, not a GTR. It still flies though and looks the mutts nutts. It's for Sale by the way...!

I know it's a bit mad the transition between these two cars. First I test drove an IS250 and had my heart set on it, then a Lexus freak friend suggested I try the car he was pointing at in the corner - I was horrified it looked so dull and I hated the boring wheels and it was HUGE and so it must be sluggish. Eventually I was practically forced into the driving seat at which point I was quite impressed but still convinced it would drive like a slug. Then I started the engine and had a drive...You know the rest!

The performance is good but isn't a patch on the Skyline but who cares when you have that luxurrious comforting ride?

I am vibrating with anticipation and excitement of this weekend when I pick her up!

Thanks guys!

I have a GTS T Type-M. It's a rear wheel drive 2.5L single Turbo, not a GTR. It still flies though and looks the mutts nutts. It's for Sale by the way...!

I know it's a bit mad the transition between these two cars. First I test drove an IS250 and had my heart set on it, then a Lexus freak friend suggested I try the car he was pointing at in the corner - I was horrified it looked so dull and I hated the boring wheels and it was HUGE and so it must be sluggish. Eventually I was practically forced into the driving seat at which point I was quite impressed but still convinced it would drive like a slug. Then I started the engine and had a drive...You know the rest!

The performance is good but isn't a patch on the Skyline but who cares when you have that luxurrious comforting ride?

I am vibrating with anticipation and excitement of this weekend when I pick her up!

hi welcome

arrghhhhh!!! :duh:

I called Lexus this morning and although all the bodywork detailing, touching up and general knocking into perfect shape has been done (this one has been previously-loved) they are still waiting for a replacement ashtray cover to replace the scratched one I pointed out on my test-drive!

I said I REALLY didn't care about this and PLEASE may I come over and give you a fat wad of notes and LET ME HAVE MY CAR!!.....but they insisted that a patient Lexus customer is a happier Lexus customer and that if I would be so kind as to wait a few more days then I could pick it up in perfect condition!!

I gave in in the end in awe of their insistence to give me MGE (maximum grin effect) when I do actually pick up my car.

At the same time, how many times can one read the LS430 Owner's Manual cover to cover while retaining sanity? :blink:

Roll on Wednesday.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links