Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Led Rear Lights

Got peed off with mine and stuck em on ebay!

They sold aswel but waiting for the buyer to pay up!

Gone back to original late spec rears now so sticking with them and the flashing brake light bulbs.

But please let me know how you get on with evil ride when you get some contact from him.

I have been busy recently and did not get in contact with evilride. I am a bit of a procrastinator as well. Anyhow I have sent a message to evilride today via eBay and will let you know if I get a response.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got peed off with mine and stuck em on ebay!

They sold aswel but waiting for the buyer to pay up!

Gone back to original late spec rears now so sticking with them and the flashing brake light bulbs.

But please let me know how you get on with evil ride when you get some contact from him.

I have been busy recently and did not get in contact with evilride. I am a bit of a procrastinator as well. Anyhow I have sent a message to evilride today via eBay and will let you know if I get a response.

This is the reply I got from Evilride

Hello - I'm afraid my supplier of those lights ceased trading late

last year. Your best bet would be to contact the manufacturer,

DEPO (I don't have their details unfortunately) to obtain some

replacement LEDS. Best of luck. Dan

Will try to contact the manufacturer and see if I have any luck.

Didn't think he would be of any help, still there was no reciept or any proof of purchase so I would imagine its not possible to get anything back, and if you got new LEDs how would you fit them!

Let us know how you go anyway.

Didn't think he would be of any help, still there was no reciept or any proof of purchase so I would imagine its not possible to get anything back, and if you got new LEDs how would you fit them!

Let us know how you go anyway.

But we do have proof of sorts. I have confirmation from Evilride that I purchsed and paid for the item be it only an e-mail. If DEPO are as reputable and consumer conscious as they say they are it will be interesting to see how they deal with this. I would be looking at replacement of the whole unit and not just the LED's. I have located an e-mail address for them in Europe (they are a Taiwanese manufacturer).

When you sold your item on eBay did you declare that they were faulty??

I hope to remove the defective clusters and put back on the originals this weekend.

Will keep you abreast of any developments.

But we do have proof of sorts. I have confirmation from Evilride that I purchsed and paid for the item be it only an e-mail. If DEPO are as reputable and consumer conscious as they say they are it will be interesting to see how they deal with this. I would be looking at replacement of the whole unit and not just the LED's. I have located an e-mail address for them in Europe (they are a Taiwanese manufacturer).

When you sold your item on Ebay did you declare that they were faulty??

I hope to remove the defective clusters and put back on the originals this weekend.

Will keep you abreast of any developments

I agree it will be interesting to see how they deal with the complaint but i just couldn't be bothered with the hassle, not that i have money to throw away or anything but just thought it would be a long process, but as i said will be interesting to see the outcome.

And yes of course i declared the lights were faulty when i advertised them on eBay, i have been stung myself on eBay before so know how it feels, still made a reasonable amount though.

The clusters i have now, the late spec dark chrome ones do look good on a black car, not as dark as the LED style but still look good.

• 3 weeks later...
A.J has a similar problem with his, i will inform him of this post. Could make for an interesting discussion on the production of these rear led clusters.

He bought his 3 months ago, with a similar failure of LED in rows.

Have had some pm's from AJ and gave him an e-mail address for DEPO. Unfortunately DEPO will not deal with the end user, only the person they supply. I have written to Evilride (Scorcher) and await a reply.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello chaps!

Have been in touch with another supplier in the US and with a bit of wangling, he's going to honour my previous supplier's warranty as he bought up the majority of his stock when he went bust. :)

He's got two pairs of LED lights left, which he will send me on receipt of the faulty pairs, so both unhappy customers can get brand new sets.

Really sorry for the inconvenience - but I will take the cost of shipping both pairs to the US on the nose, as I don't want unhappy customers!

Please PM me with your Paypal proof of purchase and then wrap the lights very carefully, preferably in the original box and I'll email you the address to return them to.

Hello chaps!

Have been in touch with another supplier in the US and with a bit of wangling, he's going to honour my previous supplier's warranty as he bought up the majority of his stock when he went bust. :)

He's got two pairs of LED lights left, which he will send me on receipt of the faulty pairs, so both unhappy customers can get brand new sets.

Really sorry for the inconvenience - but I will take the cost of shipping both pairs to the US on the nose, as I don't want unhappy customers!

Please PM me with your Paypal proof of purchase and then wrap the lights very carefully, preferably in the original box and I'll email you the address to return them to.

Excellent, I will see what I can find. I have an email from you confirming payment recieved and I still have the original box and packaging with your company's address on it. Will this suffice??

Hello chaps!

Excellent, I will see what I can find. I have an email from you confirming payment recieved and I still have the original box and packaging with your company's address on it. Will this suffice??

Yep, that's great - have PMed you with the return address :)

Excellent :) this is good news for the above purchasers... and well done to Scorcher too :) should be a good result all round...

When the issue is resolved for both customers, i think it's only fair that they appraise Scorcher in this post... :blush:

....yup -good result!

-coulda been worse-my seller from ebay didnt wanna know! lol

AJ depending on what scorcher has to do with the defective led's perhaps he may be in a position to sell you the offside LED cluster from mine which are still working. Why don't you pm him.

....yup -good result!

-coulda been worse-my seller from ebay didnt wanna know! lol

AJ depending on what scorcher has to do with the defective led's perhaps he may be in a position to sell you the offside LED cluster from mine which are still working. Why don't you pm him.

Good idea...cheers. :winky:

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Both faulty pairs have now been replaced, and posted to Deano & Mars.

Thanks for being patient guys, and hope you are happy with them :)

Thanks Scorcher parcel received. A little surprised they were not in the original DEPO boxes but packaged well in any case. Have had only one bad experience on eBay so far and have dealt with two really honest traders and you are one of them. Thanks to AJ for making contact with DEPO despite the negative response, I hope he finds a solution to his defective LED's.

It is unlikely I will refit these until the spring.

Once again a big thank you to Scorcher.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

I currently have the same problem with my rear LED Lights and its the left side that is the problem, not only are a few of the bulbs not working, but i also get condensation in both of the sides.

I bought mine from a uk company, www.essexracing.com , i told them about it and they sed they cnt do neting as ive had it on my car. They sed to take it to garage so im going to take it to local garage and get it looked at this weekend.

I wish i never bought these. As it cost me quite a bit for these as well.

And the make that i have is DEPO as well, im sure ive got a reciept somewhere and ill probably have the online reciept as well.

But my question now is, since you guys got ur replacements, did u get any problems afterwards??

I bought mine in around October 2006, and im having problems already. I noticed it around december but was too busy around then to do neting abt it.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Guys,

I currently have the same problem with my rear LED Lights and its the left side that is the problem, not only are a few of the bulbs not working, but i also get condensation in both of the sides.

I bought mine from a uk company, www.essexracing.com , i told them about it and they sed they cnt do neting as ive had it on my car. They sed to take it to garage so im going to take it to local garage and get it looked at this weekend.

I wish i never bought these. As it cost me quite a bit for these as well.

And the make that i have is DEPO as well, im sure ive got a reciept somewhere and ill probably have the online reciept as well.

But my question now is, since you guys got ur replacements, did u get any problems afterwards??

I bought mine in around October 2006, and im having problems already. I noticed it around december but was too busy around then to do neting abt it.

I bought mine in October 2005 and by July Aug 2006 some of the LED's on the nearide (left) had failed. I don't see the point in taking them to a garage. You will need to disassemble the lights to get to the LED's. Whether the lights have been fitted or not has got nothing to do with it. They are obviously not fit for purpose as they have failed so soon and you are not an isolated case. Fortunately we bought from a reputable dealer who as luck will have it was also a member here and did the right thing.

I have not refitted mine as yet. I am waiting for the Spring/Summer season.

Thanks for the reply Mars.

I got it checked out at a garage anyway as i was getting some work done to the car. The lights are completely sealed and you cant open it without breaking it. So you are right, I will have to somehow deal with the company. My advice to everyone, never buy anything from essexracing.com! pr1cks!!

How do I find out who DEPO are? i cant find any website on them. Any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks for the reply Mars.

I got it checked out at a garage anyway as i was getting some work done to the car. The lights are completely sealed and you cant open it without breaking it. So you are right, I will have to somehow deal with the company. My advice to everyone, never buy anything from essexracing.com! pr1cks!!

How do I find out who DEPO are? i cant find any website on them. Any suggestions or ideas?

DEPO Auto Parts

http://www.depoautolamp.com/

can any one post some pics up of the lights, i wonder how they would look against teh stratcarron blue colour, if anyone has them on theirs in this colour could you please comment on the look

thanks in advance

ps just had a look at the depo website - theres no price attatched to the lamps, dont suppose you guys can divulge how much you paid out?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links