Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Road Tax

Hello.

Got a '99 IS200 and purchased road tax the other week,Reminder come through at £175 a year. went to the post office and thats what i payed £175.

Spoke to people since and they have been paying more for smaller engined cars and that the post office have been giving them different prices when paying for there road tax.

Whats going on here? did they fluff up my tax and will i get shouted at by somebody soon?

Hello.

Got a '99 IS200 and purchased road tax the other week,Reminder come through at £175 a year. went to the post office and thats what i payed £175.

Spoke to people since and they have been paying more for smaller engined cars and that the post office have been giving them different prices when paying for there road tax.

Whats going on here? did they fluff up my tax and will i get shouted at by somebody soon?

Thats right mate, its only if your car was registered after 1st March 2001 that the new emissions charges affect you.

http://www.dvla.gov.uk/vehicles/taxation.htm#Private

Mine's hopefully going to be cheaper when due at the end of the month, car's now listed as an "Alternative Fuel Vehicle". Will have to see what it says on the reminder that's due through the letterbox next week...

I paid more for my 200!! :crybaby::angry: robbinig b*****ds!

How/why mine was £175 IS200,so why the difference?

As above, I guess his is a 2001 or later car.

Guessed correctly Lee! :D