Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Seat-belt Recall

Guys - see this:

http://www.whatcar.com/news-article.aspx?NA=221432

Puts the lexus seatbelt recall into perspective....just look at the 3743 BMW's affected and what could happen...

I had the recall done, took a couple of hours and they washed my car, left a bottle of nice champagne on the seat and put £20 of fuel in the tank. Can't say fairer than that.

Had mine done a few weeks back at Lexus Glasgow.

Car came back dirtier than when I dropped it off, no evidence of fuel added, but bottle of champers was left on the passenger seat.

Courtesy car had range of 29miles showing, so I had to put fuel in it immediately, and it smelled like an ashtray.

Car was also in to take care of two more rattles.

One ratttle has gone away, the other still there.

Ohh...and I now have a rattle from the passenger seat belt which wasn't there before the recall work was done.

Letter to Lexus GB imminent m'thinks :excl: Not impressed.

B)-->

QUOTE(Carlos B @ Jul 29 2006, 03:52 PM)

Had mine done a few weeks back at Lexus Glasgow.

Car came back dirtier than when I dropped it off, no evidence of fuel added, but bottle of champers was left on the passenger seat.

Courtesy car had range of 29miles showing, so I had to put fuel in it immediately, and it smelled like an ashtray.

Car was also in to take care of two more rattles.

One ratttle has gone away, the other still there.

Ohh...and I now have a rattle from the passenger seat belt which wasn't there before the recall work was done.

Letter to Lexus GB imminent m'thinks :excl: Not impressed.

They might say "we're very sorry....but you have to take it up with the garage"

That's the ace card they've used on me...

I never even got a letter, so I'd be surprised if I get any freebies. I rang just out of curiosity...and was told by my local that mine's affected!! But I was assured it wasn't a safety isue!!! :blink:

Just out of curiosity did everyone who has been and had the seat belt recall done get a bottle of champagne?

My seat belts were done last week, deal provided Champs and £20 petrol. Sad news is they knackered both pillar trims and it had to go back two days later for repair !!! :tsktsk:

Got another bottle of champs :duh: and a free replacement rear alloy wheel, due to my previous one having a scratch caused by a gate post hinge bracket. That was a freebie for the hassle I have had.

They washed it but never dried it so came back with water spots dried on !!! not impressed as I had only washed and polished it the day before, so no need for them to wash it ! D'oh!

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links