Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Seat-belt Recall

Anyone had their front seatbelts successfully replaced i.e.rattle-free-------if so, please post where & then we can be sure the recall is a complete success i.e. the Fix is a Lexus GB Std!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tel :driving:

Anyone had their front seatbelts successfully replaced i.e.rattle-free-------if so, please post where & then we can be sure the recall is a complete success i.e. the Fix is a Lexus GB Std!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D I had no rattle issues at all but my car 250 Sport went into Newcastle last Friday for the seatbelt job - came back still without problems and £20's worth of petrol and a bottle of champers :)

Thumbs up for Lexus Newcastle!

Mine's booked in for tomorrow at Lexus Bristol..got a brand new loaner for the day. Recall did not include the DVD changeout, but I've asked them to double check that mine was changed before receipt as it was one of the early deliveries.

No rattles, no seatbelt problems.... :)

This is the response I got from my dealer:

"All owners cars that are affected have had a letter to invite them for the recall. If you haven't had any correspondence, then all will be okay."

Well after posting this ony 4 days ago I got a message on the answerphone today from Lexus Chester. Called them back and mine is subject to a recall. Asked them to forward me the notice so I can take it somewhere local and they don't have one as it's dealt with at Head Office.

Not impressed.

"All owners cars that are affected have had a letter to invite them for the recall. If you haven't had any correspondence, then all will be okay."

Well after posting this ony 4 days ago I got a message on the answerphone today from Lexus Chester. Called them back and mine is subject to a recall. Asked them to forward me the notice so I can take it somewhere local and they don't have one as it's dealt with at Head Office.

Not impressed.

Not impressed.

Mine were changed Monday. New SE-L for the day while they were doing the change-out, same colour as mine but with the light tan leather (mine' s Cadoxton Slate with black). The loaner also didn't have the MM pack and I really missed the camera and the sat nav. The light coloured carpet was already looking grubby and it only had 300 miles on it! Was therefore happy to get mine back after the refit, and they topped my tank up for my trouble, and also gave a bottle of champagne with an apology letter from Steve Settle..

Annoying things were my car's tank was full so they could only squeeze in 12 quids worth, and the loaner needed a tenners worth to get me home and back :angry:

One thing to note is the fabric weave of the new belts is slightly different, so they now do not match the rears. Was told that this has something to do with the strength of the front belts due to the pre-tensioning system :unsure: Can't really notice the diffference, but can someone that didn't have the recall check to see if theirs has the same weave or not...front and back??

The check on the DVD was positive..mine had been changed at the docks before delivery to the dealer.

Also have an apology to make to Lexus as I still have the key to the loaner in my pocket. Whoops :blush:

interestingly had no letter but took it in for the flat Battery problem and was told they had recalled for seat belts! which was a surprise - belts replaced but charging/discharging checked normal so not sure what Battery problem was .

As a bi-product I noticed that the loan car was on Bridgestones and mines on Dunlops - in my opinion and assuming they were fully inflated, the Bridgestones ride better over uneven surrfaces particularly at speed. Any other views on this? (also got champers but tank was full anyway so no fuel). However, I have to say that after my experiences with Saab, Rover and VW dealers getting a loan car with more than a thimble full of fuel was a real bonus (my VW dealer once loaned me a Perodua Nippa when I left a top spec Passat for service - I didn't even know such a thing existed!).

Just checked mine, new belts not yet fitted and the weave is different back and front. Easiest way to explain is the back has vertical weave and front has vertical and horizontal, may sound funny but if you look you will see what I mean ( like stripes ).

Thank ypu Steve, that describes the difference quite well. I hadn't noticed there was a different weave until it was pointed out to me on the new belts. Presumably my original fronts were also different from the rears.

Thanks for your responses,seems GB has got this one right:anyone know if this is Global as logic says it should be?

Will get mine sorted now:thanks again!

I would think so as after the work is complete you get another standard apology letter from Steve Settle (Lexus UK Director) which refers to topping up the tank and the champers as compensation for the inconvenience. It's Lexus UK that are responsible for the freebies, not the individual dealers. The car was also only valeted inside as I requested them not to touch the bodywork when I dropped it off.

I've no doubt the dealers are compensated for the fuel cost by Lexus UK, so as they only managed to get about £12 in my tank they made on the deal. :angry:

Thanks for the info Tango, dealer rang to confirm service and recall work for Monday and confirmed that all drivers having their seatbelt done get a bottle of champagne. Didn't mention the tank being topped up but I will make sure it is empty when I take it in!

I thought the weave front and back were different. The problem lies with the actual mechanism more that the belt. Or am I wrong.

Mine has slightly different weave front and rear, but from memory it all goes distincly vertical on both.

I'm gonna give 'em a call Monday. Just need time... :duh:

:offtopic: BTW - went to the Leicester Motor Show at the race course - no Lexus...

Good question - mine was delivered mid March, so I assume mine is affected.

Didn't get a chance to call today -

Can I confirm - if the weave is similar front and back then there is a pronlem?

It may not be - this recall has been coming for a while and most people seem to have had the registered letter about 2 weeks ago. You may be lucky.

• 2 weeks later...