Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Creaking Front Seat

Hi all,

Going to phone lexus on Monday as I have noticed over the last few days that the drivers seat is now creaking badly when I go round corners. Really off putting when you are driving along with no radio on!!

Anyone suffered this?

Ivan

Hi all,

Going to phone lexus on Monday as I have noticed over the last few days that the drivers seat is now creaking badly when I go round corners. Really off putting when you are driving along with no radio on!!

Anyone suffered this?

Ivan

I had this and got Lexus Brighton to look at it when it was in for the seatbelt safety recall. They have managed to fix it, but only after a little bit of Hassle.

Dropped the car off on Tuesday morning, and had a loan car booked. I had to wait for approx 30 mins for the hire car to be ready as it was a sales car and had to be cleaned first before I could have it as it had a dead fly collection :lol:

Arranged to pick the car up on Wednesday morning as I would be working late on Tuesday.

Went to pick up the car up on Wednesday morning, but after swapping keys and getting in the car, I realised that the car wasn't locked and the passenger side window was fully open, and the passeneger side was soaking wet, as there had been summer storms during the night, and to top it all the drivers seat still creaked :o

Went straight back in to see the service manager (Richard) who promptly went out to have a look at the car. he apologised and explained how he hadn't been there yesterday as he was at a funeral, and straight away handed me the keys to another courtesy car, but this did not have SAT/NAV which I needed, so again with no delay, gave me the keys to another car, but this time with SAT/NAV (IS200d).

So I was on my way and Ricahrd said he would call when my car was ready, but it may be a couple of days. This was no problem as It was fun driving a manual again and a diesel!! :) :)

Richard called me on Thursday afternoon to say the car was ready, but I was unable to get back to dealership in time, so he said Friday morning was Fine.

On Friday morning, picked up car, and Richard walked me to the car and asked me to check if everything was ok, and also to check if the drivers seat creak had gone. The car was spotless inside and out and smelt really nice (like new). I was told that it had a FULL valet :)

On the passenger seat was a very nice bottle of champagne as an apology for the hassle that had been caused.

So although it started out bad, it all worked out ok, and at least I always had a courtesy car which kept me mobile. so well done and thank you to Richard @ Lexus Brighton for getting it all sorted out so promptly.

MORAL: Don't book your car in when the service manager is on Holiday :)

IVAN:

Seemingly they took the seat out, and lubricated the runner/joints to solve the creaking issue.

The car was spotless inside and out and smelt really nice (like new). I was told that it had a FULL valet :)

On the passenger seat was a very nice bottle of champagne as an apology for the hassle that had been caused.

Blimey - with all my issues I got the cheapest form of compensation - a "thank you"!!

Hi all,

Anyone suffered this?

Ivan

Hi Ivan

This seems to be a common problem with the new IS. Lexus do know this, they should be able to sort it out for you quickly. I had mine couple of months back, it was repaired in a day's time.

Javeed

Hi Ivan.

Yep. Had it in twice to fix the squeak in the drivers seat and when it happened the 3rd time, I said, 3 strikes and it's out. Took a few weeks, but they got in a new seat. All ok now, but has only been 2 weeks.

Still got other rattles they don't know how to fix, down here.