Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Polish, Wax And Lots Of Elbow Grease

Spent a considerable amount of time and effort giving my Lex the Meguires 3 step treatment today. I have to say i was really pleased with the results. Meguires is the only mass market product i've used that comes anywhere near the results you get with Zymol glaze waxes.

Let me know what you think...... :winky:

DSC01164.jpg

DSC01163.jpg

DSC01169.jpg

Thanks for the comments guys - just my luck, it's started to p*ss down! :tsktsk:

The Meguires carbonara wax (step 3) really makes the water bead off the paintwork for months after the treatment, it really is good swag. I've tried all the rest, Autoglym, Turtle, Classe, PS21 etc, but this stuff wipes the floor with them.

I know there's quite a few debates on LOC about the best products on the market, if you've got the money and time Zymol Japan Wax beats everything but is tricky to apply correctly and expensive. Meguires comes a close second and is relatively cheap and easy to apply.

My last car was an Alfa 156 which won best in class at a local AROC meeting, what i've learnt about car detailing is that it's quite a science which needs plenty of research to find the best products and get the best results.

I hope this starts another little debate on the subject, as alot of members probably believe they are using the best products.

Whats the OP like on your paint? (orange peel)

all the astral blacks i've seen has some mild to heavy OP, but the later models weren;t that bad..

I took some rather drastic measures against OP http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=25469

Whats the OP like on your paint? (orange peel)

all the astral blacks i've seen has some mild to heavy OP, but the later models weren;t that bad..

I took some rather drastic measures against OP http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=25469

Wow, that was drastic, top results though!

Mine has only slight OP, you have look really closely at the right angle to notice it. I don't think it's any different to any other factory spray job. The problem with black especially non metallic like Astral, is that you see evey little chip, mark and scratch. It's probably the most difficult colour to keep looking nice, even dust makes it look dirty!

[

The Meguires carbonara wax (step 3) really makes the water bead off the paintwork for months after the treatment, it really is good swag. I've tried all the rest, Autoglym, Turtle, Classe, PS21 etc, but this stuff wipes the floor with them.

I hope this starts another little debate on the subject, as alot of members probably believe they are using the best products.

I hope you meant Carnauba wax :D Pasta, bacon, mince and parmesan cheese probably won't give the same results :tomato: