Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

I am going to have to commute a fair bit over the next year and the thought of getting through a tank of fuel every three days worries me a bit, so I've been thinking about an LPG conversion.

Has anybody here had it done to a GS300? Were you happy with it and did it save you as much money as you thought?

Could anyone recommend where to get it done? - is the GS300 a fairly straightforward conversion or does it need anything extra?

Hi,

I do have LPG conversion. but I do so few miles I do not use it. I have been informed that if I were to do

a higher mileage then I would benefit, but I must add mine was already fitted when I bought the car so I

was on a winner either way.

Regards

Jeanette

Mine's converted, works out at about 10p per mile now. Still got a niggle where it'll trip back to petrol at high RPM, ought to be sorted soon though.

As far as I can tell it's a straightforward conversion. Ensure you get a Flashlube (look on eBay) kit fitted though, it's needed to prevent valve recession on Toyota and Lexus engines.

Car was converted at Phil Price Autogas for £1700 all in. 75 litre tank (60 litre usable capacity) fitted in the spare wheel well.

When did you have the conversion done? I've heard bad things about valve wear when using LPG - I know the Flashlube system is supposed to prevent it but I'd like to hear it from someone who has used one for a few years with no problems! It would be a bit gutting to save loads of money on fuel only to have to spend it on having the valves sorted...

Mine's converted, works out at about 10p per mile now. Still got a niggle where it'll trip back to petrol at high RPM, ought to be sorted soon though.

As far as I can tell it's a straightforward conversion. Ensure you get a Flashlube (look on eBay) kit fitted though, it's needed to prevent valve recession on Toyota and Lexus engines.

Car was converted at Phil Price Autogas for £1700 all in. 75 litre tank (60 litre usable capacity) fitted in the spare wheel well.