Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bin there. Done that.... Twice!!!!

Im asking the same question about a replacement mast. Seen a few on eBay but haven't taken the plunge.

Do any other Toyotas have the same one cos I will raid the breakers yards if they do.

Result one mangled radio aerial mast.

Now, can any one tell me if I can get a replacement mast from lexus or somewhere else cheaper maybe.

The car is a 1995 UK spec GS300.

Thanks

ya you can get a replacement mast from lexus there about €60 over here , Put ' lexus antenna mast ' into eBay.co.uk theres a few on there

yeah replacement mast are available from lexus, about 20 quid i think, easy to fit aswell, did mine in about 5 mins, ill have a look for the part number, ive got it somewhere

Steve

Now, can any one tell me if I can get a replacement mast from lexus or somewhere else cheaper maybe.

Thanks

ya you can get a replacement mast from lexus there about €60 over here , Put ' lexus antenna mast ' into eBay.co.uk theres a few on there

Thanks

I have just ordered one from the States cost should be about £20 all in.

Im asking the same question about a replacement mast. Seen a few on Ebay but haven't taken the plunge.

Do any other Toyotas have the same one cos I will raid the breakers yards if they do.

I did'nt really think about breakers.

I have just bought one from eBay in the States.

Hi Keith,

Sounds like you were lucky only to damage just the aerial,a friend of mine left the aerial up one of the metal type that lives on the rear panel.Went through the car wash.

It got ripped off and caught up in the brushes and scratched most of the bodywork when it was meant to be cleaning it :D :rolleyes:

Chips..

dude, you can't take your pride and joy through an automatic car wash, a lexus deserves to be pampered by hand!!

count yourself lucky you don't drive a peugeot 1007..apparently, in car washes, the door handles are brushed against by the machine, and the side door slides open to make for a very wet interior!

dude, you can't take your pride and joy through an automatic car wash, a lexus deserves to be pampered by hand!!

count yourself lucky you don't drive a peugeot 1007..apparently, in car washes, the door handles are brushed against by the machine, and the side door slides open to make for a very wet interior!

:lol::lol::lol:

With the current water shortage it takes ages to wash. So best way is either local hand wash monkeys or local car wash with super soft bristles and superb wash'n'wax treatment.

I know its not the best method of caring for ones pride and joy but it is only the second time I have used it.

The finish though is really good. I'll post some pics and you can all decide for yourselves.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

Thanks

I have just ordered one from the States cost should be about £20 all in.

Im asking the same question about a replacement mast. Seen a few on Ebay but haven't taken the plunge.

I did'nt really think about breakers.

I have just bought one from eBay in the States.

Sorted - new aerial whotsit arrived today fitted in 20mins and working a treat, not bad for $20 all in from the States

Before you buy a whole new aerial give Lexus a chance to repair your one. I did the carwash trick and resigned myself to paying thousands for a new aerial from lexus dealer in Croydon but they just wacked a new metal outer sheath onto the plastic core and it was good as new for about £40 (I think).

It was the most cost-effective intelligent repair I have ever heard of with Lexus Croydon I was completely gob-smacked.

cheers

Paul