Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Blue Leds "pimp" Interior Setup

Can't stop modding now!!! I've caught the bug from you lot!

Got blue leds from the states...was really easy to fit..

The door lights are my favourite...

80357033-M.jpg

I used some wedge with 12 leds in the rear lights, I think they are a bit strong though!!!

80356979-M.jpg

Changed the footwells to blue, as shown by my trainers!

80356865-M.jpg

Ignition barrel from green to blue

80357467-M.jpg

Front dome light is very nice too

80356821-M.jpg

Did the boot light, it is more pure white, but not that wide an angle

80356649-M.jpg

Changed the reverse lights to 12 LED super white, much nicer than the yellow looking standard ones

80357445-M.jpg

The overall effect is nice, especially when you get in at night and don't put the key in the ignition and the lights slowly dim...

Now I can put my feet up and watch the footie on Sunday!

are the lights hard to change etc? looks a smart mod which maybe in my tiny budget...lol

20 minutes to do the whole lot. I bought from www.superbrightleds.com, but I got them mailed out to the States whilst I was on holiday there, so saved a few bob. I think it worked out around 25-30 quid for the lot. :lol:

are the lights hard to change etc? looks a smart mod which maybe in my tiny budget...lol

20 minutes to do the whole lot. I bought from www.superbrightleds.com, but I got them mailed out to the States whilst I was on holiday there, so saved a few bob. I think it worked out around 25-30 quid for the lot. :lol:

Thanks, not to steal the post or anything but I've found these on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLUE-LED-DASH-KIT-LE...5QQcmdZViewItem

has anyone used these guys before, sounds simple to change the things?

Thanks, not to steal the post or anything but I've found these on eBay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLUE-LED-DASH-KIT-LE...5QQcmdZViewItem

has anyone used these guys before, sounds simple to change the things?

DO NOT BUY THESE....... There are alot of threads on here from guys that have bought the ones off eBay and have been very dissapointed with them as they are a load of crap. If you're going to change them, then go for the ones that Maneesh has fitted as they look pretty cool and are certainly bright. The eBay ones are not.

dont even go there..

Like the dude says.....this joker sells shaite :duh:

You want quality LED's? If there are enough people interested I'll run another GB :D

Mike, would be good to get a GB up and running :D :D

I'd definitely have quite a few bits and pieces ready to order :shifty: :D

Ahh, I didn't realise the eBay ones were crappy quality...yeah mine cost a fortune, as I bought a whole set of white ones in case the blue ones didn't look that good, but they do!!

Ahh, I didn't realise the eBay ones were crappy quality...yeah mine cost a fortune, as I bought a whole set of white ones in case the blue ones didn't look that good, but they do!!

dont even go there..

You want quality LED's? If there are enough people interested I'll run another GB :D

Yep...GB will be forthcoming

***** How's about those of you who still owe me money from the last GB do the honorable thing and pay up. In 7 days time all the non-payers will be named-and-shamed ******

dont even go there..

Yep...GB will be forthcoming

***** How's about those of you who still owe me money from the last GB do the honorable thing and pay up. In 7 days time all the non-payers will be named-and-shamed ******

good good, nice to hear it. :D

hey maneesh how did you do the ignition barrell? looks nice...

mate,

thanks. the photos don't do the setup any justice..i still do a double take when I get in at night!

it's dead simple. on the gs, you just pull the housing (pulling from the bottom) that covers the barrel (it might feel like you are breaking the dash, but the clips holding it behind are quite tough). one screw to be removed gives you access to the barrel, and the existing bulb is clear with a green cover (i guess you could just find a new coloured cover for it), but I just put a single blue LED in.

I might as well do a write up with pics, so folks can see how easy it is..I wanna do the ac panel and radio next..