Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

First Two Weeks

Hi you guys,

just a quick line to let you know my thoughts on the first two week of running our IS 250 AUTO SEL MM reg 23/12/2005 2900 miles.

all ok just a few issues,the pertol filler door is as loose as a -rick in a shirt sleeve very surprised that it does not have some sort of spring to hold in the open position.service said that the door is in tolerance and they can do nothing as that will damage the paint .I tried a few around the showroom and they were fine hmmmmmmmm I hope I dont have to fight them like I did with my troublesome 53 RX300sel.Seatbelt recall done plus sat nav upgrade.As for the rattles I fear the worse as It looks like they are starting to happen and I know that they never managed to stop the various rattles on our RX300 but I hope with strength of the LOC topics I can put pressure on service to sort out.

The good points are

1 great drive (great gearbox unlike my RX300)

2 goes like a bat out of hell

3 love the MM

4 could carry on for a long time but will not bore you with the details.

cheers

swager.

Hi you guys,

just a quick line to let you know my thoughts on the first two week of running our IS 250 AUTO SEL MM reg 23/12/2005 2900 miles.

all ok just a few issues,the pertol filler door is as loose as a -rick in a shirt sleeve very surprised that it does not have some sort of spring to hold in the open position.service said that the door is in tolerance and they can do nothing as that will damage the paint .I tried a few around the showroom and they were fine hmmmmmmmm I hope I dont have to fight them like I did with my troublesome 53 RX300sel.Seatbelt recall done plus sat nav upgrade.As for the rattles I fear the worse as It looks like they are starting to happen and I know that they never managed to stop the various rattles on our RX300 but I hope with strength of the LOC topics I can put pressure on service to sort out.

The good points are

3 love the MM

cheers

swager.

Hi,

Nice purchase! I'm interested to know what your sat nav upgrade entailed - is it a later software version? I got mine from Lexus Bristol and Dave the sales guy didn't know about the sat nav upgrade... He did however know about the seatbelt problem, which was done yesterday (free champagne and £20 fuel for my trouble)!

Hi you guys,

The good points are

3 love the MM

cheers

swager.

Nice purchase! I'm interested to know what your sat nav upgrade entailed - is it a later software version? I got mine from Lexus Bristol and Dave the sales guy didn't know about the sat nav upgrade... He did however know about the seatbelt problem, which was done yesterday (free champagne and £20 fuel for my trouble)!

Hi evilweasel

Free Champers and fuel Lexus Bristol must be going soft ??????? :whistling:

Yes very pleased with the purchase,I had the seat belt recall and was told it had the sat nav upgrade done before collection (think its new DVD disc.).I will call and ask what the upgrade was as I need to talk to service regarding a possibleproblem the throttle sticking (has only happened when the wife drives hmmmmm) as I do not think it has a cable and is fly by wire.

Do any of the other Lexus dealerships offer free car wash on a saturday morning its great as I have a black IS 250.

CHEERS :lol:

Swager

Do any of the other Lexus dealerships offer free car wash on a saturday morning its great as I have a black IS 250.

CHEERS :lol:

Swager

Yep, Lexus Poole do the free car wash as well :)