Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello, Im New!

CIJ

Well hello LOC members,

I have been using LOC Knowledge now for a few months after i found it through Pro-Lex! Its helped me already get rid of the knocking and vibrations from the front end by changing the Lower Ball Joints and the Tracking Arm end piece. :) :D

Just a quick question tho.....has anybody had problems with there breaks? My car stands for a long time without being driven, I have been leaving my hand break off and out of gear, but i seem to have a constant rubbing noise :unsure: coming from the front breaks. I also get alot of break squeal even though ive had the pads off, cleaned, re-copperslipped and shamphered :unsure:

Well i think thats enough for my first post......a few pic's of my car now, and please ignore the wheels, ive got a set of 18s on there way but there gonna take up to 8weeks to get into the country!!

pict00423va.jpg

pict00436nv.jpg

pict00449pz.jpg

pict00451ac.jpg

pict00465fu.jpg

Cheers for letting me inChris

Hi and Welcome to LOC :)

Nice clean car by the looks of it.Looking forward to seeing the pictures of the new wheels on the car when you get them.

Have you always had this problem with the brakes since youve owned the car?

Have you replaced the pads since you first got the car?

Have you jacked the car up and spun the wheels around to see if you can hear whereabouts it makes the sound?

Sounds like sticky pistons in the calipers and there not fully returning,also check its not a piece of gravel thats got stuck between the disc and the back plate that directs air towards the disc.

Chips..

Hi and Welcome to LOC :)

Nice clean car by the looks of it.Looking forward to seeing the pictures of the new wheels on the car when you get them.

Have you always had this problem with the brakes since youve owned the car?

Have you replaced the pads since you first got the car?

Have you jacked the car up and spun the wheels around to see if you can hear whereabouts it makes the sound?

Sounds like sticky pistons in the calipers and there not fully returning,also check its not a piece of gravel thats got stuck between the disc and the back plate that directs air towards the disc.

Chips..

Cheers for the comliments from everyone so far!

Since ive bought the car ive had new disc's and pads all around, also a new caliper on the offside rear, all supplied and fitted by Lexus Newcastle :blink: . Expensive!!!

Yeah ive had the car jacked up, spun the wheel and it still makes the niose. Ive had the pads out and theres no grit or anything behind there. Theres also plenty of meat on the pads and no lip build up on the discs :angry: .......oh yeah, Lexus themselves said that all the IS200's have got this noise to them, ive had 3 courtesy cars from them and none of them had the noise!!

Cheers

Hello mate, first member I've come across in this town!

Where abouts in Sunderland are you? Is that your car I saw a couple of weeks back (on a Sunday I think) parked up on Dykelands Road? Was going to post up in the "Was it you?" section but forgot by the time I got home!

Welcome to the club! :D

Hello mate, first member I've come across in this town!

Where abouts in Sunderland are you? Is that your car I saw a couple of weeks back (on a Sunday I think) parked up on Dykelands Road? Was going to post up in the "Was it you?" section but forgot by the time I got home!

Welcome to the club! :D

Alright there mate,

Yeah your right it was my car parked up there. Im living down in Whitburn for now. You'll prob see my car there alot if you pass oftern cos its my uncles house!