Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Still Unhappy

Collected my car from Lexus Tunbridge Wells last Saturday it having been with them for a week since the last debacle.

There was a small mark on the passenger side rear door which I pointed out to my Wife. I rubbed it with my finger and it appeared to go away so didn't think any more of it. Later on from a different angle I noticed a small dent in the same spot.

Rattles seemed to have been mostly cured but gradually over the week they have got worse again and depending on the temperature inside the car it groans and creaks and rattles when on rough roads or going over pot holes. It seems worse when the inside of the car is hot.

I have also yesterday noticed a large tear out of the seal on the door sill under the drivers door. I am 100% certain this wasn't there when they collected the car. There is also no way this could have been done by me as 1. I dont put my foot on the door sill and 2. Judging by the other seals they wouldnt even rip if i did.

I am also not enitrely happy a couple of minor things on the dash.

It seems every time it goes in it comes back worse.

Am I being overly fussy? I thought I was buying a luxury car.

Please let me know what kind of rattles should bve expected and what shouldn't. i.e. is it normal for the car to rattle on a rough road. I know I have been in BMW's that are dead silent even at 3 years old. Possibly thats what you pay the extra £4k for.

Lexus Tunbridge Wells or Lexus GB have not even contacted me since I collected the car to see if I am happy or mentioned the compensation they promised. I don't seem to be getting the so called Lexus service.

I don't know what to do now.

A car that I was really proud to own and thought to be the best car I have ever had is now winding me up.

just under 5,000 miles on the clock. Purchased at list price £32,700. in January.

This will probably be my first and last Lexus and I won't be recommending them to anyone else.

Go immediately, be polite and firm and speak to the Dealer Principal...no one else.

You are not being fussy...

You'd expect even a £4000 Rolex to come back perfect....

Mine does not rattle over bad surfaces, but just generally...creaks and groans from the Sat Nav screen surround. The centre dash one has gone again....

Go immediately, be polite and firm and speak to the Dealer Principal...no one else.

Mine does not rattle over bad surfaces, but just generally...creaks and groans from the Sat Nav screen surround. The centre dash one has gone again....

It was the dealer principle who I spoke to this first time. I didn't even get a response until LExus GB contacted them.

My other worry is that I have bought a pre paid service plan from these guys.

My six year old IS200 doesn't rattle. If I spent a lot of money on a new Lexus I wouldn't expect it to either. They need to fix it for you so that you get what you paid for. Its a luxury car. It shouldn't rattle.

Am I being overly fussy? I thought I was buying a luxury car.

Please let me know what kind of rattles should bve expected and what shouldn't. i.e. is it normal for the car to rattle on a rough road. I know I have been in BMW's that are dead silent even at 3 years old. Possibly thats what you pay the extra £4k for.

You are not being fussy. My previous IS200 and IS300 did not rattle one lit bit. Evan the wife's pegeout 807 rattles less than my IS220d. She laughs that I've paid £28k for a car that rattles, vibrates and has crap paint.

Hi,

It seems that the build quailty is slipping on the new IS then,my old 15 year old LS400 was still very quiet and rattle free after 130k ish miles when i owned it.

My current Aristo (mk1 GS300) import is also rattle free thats also 15 years old.

If i paid 28k for a Brand New car and i wasnt getting much joy from the dealer id be thinking about contacting the BBCs WATCHDOG about it,if enough people take the time to contact them they will look into these sort of problems.

I bet the dealer couldnt help you enough when you was looking into buying the car :shifty:

Wish you luck with getting the car sorted out.

Chips..

It was the dealer principle who I spoke to this first time. I didn't even get a response until LExus GB contacted them.

My other worry is that I have bought a pre paid service plan from these guys.

Lex told me it's 2 strikes for a specific problem at the dealer then they (their deign techies) take over - write to them.

This is not acceptable buddy!

I emailed Lexus GB (Gill Want) yesterday and am awaiting a response.

I said I was reluctant to ever take my car back to Lexus TW again.

Funnilly enough car was a lot quiter last night. Typical.

It seems that when the interior of the car is hot it is a lot worse.

Apart from the creaks around the centre console most of the rattling appears to come from:

1) Above the pedals - there is a loose flappy plastic cover there.

2) sometimes the rear of the car - sunshade possibly??

3) the passenger headrest.

• 3 weeks later...

who do you complain to in Lexus GB about the problems? ive got various problems with mine, and ive taken it to the daeler 4 times now and still no avail. please if anyone could give me the address to write to at lexus GB.

thanks

I have been using Lexus Twells for a number of years now.

On occasions they do need reminding, but on the whole I have received excellent service from Mike Barter and Andrew Lynch.

Maybe insist on them taking the car in, whilst giving you an equivalent if not better spec one until ALL issues are resolved (as well as the relevant compensation authorisation). This includes road testing in the conditions you have mentioned. I think that isn't an unreasonable request.

Good luck and please do let us know how you get on.