Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello all

Could someone let me know if it is possible to replace the Battery in my key that operates the remote locking. Mine only seems to operate when it feels like it and will often unlock the doors but will not relock them.

I am assuming it is the Battery in the key. The car is a 1995 GS300

Thanks in advance!

Keith Bowler

As we are talking remote locking, what sort of range to the fobs have. The reason I ask is that I have just hot a 97 GS300 Sport Mk1 and both fobs only seem to work when very close to the car. Is this normal or is it likely that the fobs have the original batteries and are on their last legs?

Thanks

Mark

As we are talking remote locking, what sort of range to the fobs have. The reason I ask is that I have just hot a 97 GS300 Sport Mk1 and both fobs only seem to work when very close to the car. Is this normal or is it likely that the fobs have the original batteries and are on their last legs?

Thanks

Mark

It'd certainly be worth changing a Battery I reckon

when I bought my 97 GS300, I had it serviced by the dealer and got the Battery changed at the same time, (£10.00 ish), as I was experiencing similar 'distance' problems - result is, its exactly the same, it has to be quite close to the drivers door to work. I also find it a little annoying that you cant unlock and open the boot with the remote, or at least I cant.

Andy

On my '98 GS Mk 2 the Battery is a CR 1616 lithium button cell. The trade price of this is £1.20 ex V.A.T. In my experience they should be replaced (on both keys) each year. The range is pretty good on a new battery- around 50 metres or so.

If the dealers charge £6 - £10 each time, that's a nice margin albeit a small amount on money. It's only a two-minute job.

Is there no way the Club could hold stocks as an additional service for members? The cell type may vary according to the model and age of the vehicle. Steve, over to you!

I also find it a little annoying that you cant unlock and open the boot with the remote, or at least I cant.

First time I tried to open the boot with the key - off goes the alarm :ohmy:

Try hitting the remote buttons but takes an age to switch off. Try again and off goes the alarm :unsure:

Another bout of fumbling for the buttons on the fob until the alarm stops. At this point I decided that openeing the car and using the boot release button was the better bet, especially as this was my first day with my new company and I'd managed to get most of the office out for a laugh :withstupid:

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh :crybaby:

Thanks

Mark

If I remember correctly the MK1 Gs300 owners manual says that the auto unlock operates from about a metre away from the car.

When it feels like working, mine works at a greater distance as long as I derect the key towards the nsensor on the lh side of the dash.

Suprisingly it is not on the driver's side of the dash.

Keith Bowler

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links