Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Oil Presure Problem

altezzawill

What level is 'idle level' on yours?

Mine idling its halfway (or below), then when i'm driving it needle sits inline with the Battery gauge angle (inbetween middle mark and high)

What level is 'idle level' on yours?

Mine idling its halfway (or below), then when i'm driving it needle sits inline with the battery gauge angle (inbetween middle mark and high)

mine is the same but over 5000 it drops to less than half and i tink it will keep dropping if u dont let off! (dont want to try it)

there is no oil leak that i can see an my oil is at the correct level on the dip stick!

(Oil only changed friday used Castrol GTX magnitec 10W40)

could a dodgy oil filter possibly cause this??

Could be, if oil change has been recent, i would give it a once over. Did u change the oil filter and if so was it the right one?

i didnt replace the filter! i removed it to replace it but i seen that the 1 i had to replace it wit was the wrong size so i put it back on to get me through the weekend until i could pick 1 up on monday! worked fine until last night then i was givin it a blast down a motorway on ramp near my house when i noticed the drop so i backed off an pulled up straight away!

Hi,

It might be worth check the breather pipe that comes from the rocker cover to make sure its not blocked or half blocked,if its not clear that will give you to much compression in the sump of the engine and might cause this sort of problem.

Like whats talked of above it could also be the oil pump on its way out.

It seems strange its only started since you have changed the engine oil.

It could also be a faulty oil pressure sensor.

Chips..

Hi,

It might be worth check the breather pipe that comes from the rocker cover to make sure its not blocked or half blocked,if its not clear that will give you to much compression in the sump of the engine and might cause this sort of problem.

Like whats talked of above it could also be the oil pump on its way out.

It seems strange its only started since you have changed the engine oil.

It could also be a faulty oil pressure sensor.

Chips..

thanks i'll try that! the toyota people have told me to try 0W30 in it an see will that fix it

Check the breather pipe from the inlet manifold to the cam cover. Its a one way valve, hell i don't even think the car runs without that! :lol:

sounds like a vvt-i problem to me because toyota vvt-i uses oil pressure to phase and around 5000 rpm is a major phasing point.

is it possible to have blown a seal somewhere in the vvti system? how would i even start to look for it? is this a job for toyota?

• 1 year later...
just wondering if you ever found out the problum with the oil pressure as im having the same problum now
Hi,just been read into your guys problem,and i had the same problem,and got round it by replaceing pressure release valve on the oil pump,which is only a ball and spring.it can be found on the side of your oil pump.all u need is a 22mm socket,undo the plug,and fish out the spring and ball.in the old day we just put a washer to increase the spring tension,but it don't cost much to renew it.hope this helps B)