Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 Gearbox/diff Oil?

seanf

I was at my local dealer last week getting gearbox oil and differential oil and they gave me 75w90 genuine toyota gear oil and said thats what you use in the gearbox and the diff. But my book says that the diff should be 80w90? will this be ok or should i go back?

And how much oil is needed for the diff?

I was told that 75w90 would be fine by Mr.Toyota too

As it's a torsion type differential it dosen't need "special" LSD fluid, should be APi-GL5 though

Did you try Lexus as maybe they should know more....... nearest Lexus to me is 80+ miles so i went with what Toyota said...

I was told that 75w90 would be fine by Mr.Toyota too

As it's a torsion type differential it dosen't need "special" LSD fluid, should be APi-GL5 though

Did you try Lexus as maybe they should know more....... nearest Lexus to me is 80+ miles so i went with what Toyota said...

this was lexus i tried, but the toyota dealers are all in one and the bottle just says "75w90 gear oil toyota" and on the back it says only use as gear oil? So u reckon all will be ok if i put that in the diff?

What does API Gl5 mean? (Dosent say this on the bottle!)

Well the way i see it...... If you took your car in to be serviced by Toyota/Lexus then this is probably what they will put in...... but that been said i was talking to a guy who works for Toyota and the don't use their own brand at all in this particular center....

Pop in to a good motor factors and you should be able to pick up the exact spec oil for less than a tenner.... Should ease your mind...

API.GL-5 is a standard that should be on the bottle ( aftermarket ones are most likely to have it ) ......

Good luck