Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is250 Japanese Lip Spolier

Looking on the Jap Lexus site i found a pair of front and rear dealer fit option lip spoliers for the new IS. Anyone know if its a dealer option over here or is this something else we dont get.

New IS250SEL Auto MM due 1st Sept just wondered if i could add it on as an option.

4 & 1/2 months wait gone, only 1 1/2 to go. Its now so close i can smell it... :P

To Infinity and beyond...............

6 months - WHAT A WAIT - was that the earliest car you could get with your spec? There was at least one 250 SE-L, MM Auto sitting available at the dealer last week.

Brian :)

Yeah quite a wait, apparently there are no Auto's as the yanks are sucking the factory dry, I wanted black with Pembroke interior and MM so had to join the waiting list, *** knows how long it is now.

In fact anyone know what the wait is now if you order an auto?

Looking on the Jap Lexus site i found a pair of front and rear dealer fit option lip spoliers for the new IS. Anyone know if its a dealer option over here or is this something else we dont get.

New IS250SEL Auto MM due 1st Sept just wondered if i could add it on as an option.

4 & 1/2 months wait gone, only 1 1/2 to go. Its now so close i can smell it... :P

To Infinity and beyond...............

This has been posted before, and there are quite a few non- OEM kits available in the States. Have a look at the Sewell Lexus web site for the OEM details. Also look at the LOC USA site for pictures of the ones fitted by owners...a particular post has stage by stage fitting. :) The sides are apparently an easy fit, the front not so, and the rear probably the most complicated for too little difference from standard

Looked on the Sewell Lexus pages as you suggested, the parts lists also include fitting instructions for each of the mouldings.

Looks quite complicated, lots of drilling holes, not something I would not want to do to a new car. It would automatically invalidate the warranty and i would'nt want to do that.

I was hoping the kit was available as a dealer fit option so the risk was theirs not mine.

If the parts are listed as OEM pre-coloured parts should the dealer be able to order them as a parts kit and fit them pre-delivery, that way they are covered by the warranty also.

From here to Infinity.................

Looked on the Sewell Lexus pages as you suggested, the parts lists also include fitting instructions for each of the mouldings.

Looks quite complicated, lots of drilling holes, not something I would not want to do to a new car. It would automatically invalidate the warranty and i would'nt want to do that.

I was hoping the kit was available as a dealer fit option so the risk was theirs not mine.

If the parts are listed as OEM pre-coloured parts should the dealer be able to order them as a parts kit and fit them pre-delivery, that way they are covered by the warranty also.

From here to Infinity.................

Fitting also involves removing the front and rear valence, which is another thing I wouldn't be keen on doing, as well as drilling holes in my nice new motor (the front actually requires slots to be made in the original). There's also a boot lip spoiler available which is standard on the 350, but again you have to drill holes in the boot lid.

I spoke to Westside Lexus in Houston and they fitted a ground effects kit to a customer's car before delivery, but said they wouldn't do it again because it was far from being a simple job.

On the upside to the dilema on my other current post. The dealer is looking into sourcing an OEM Aerodynamics body kit from Japan and seeing if he can get fitted pre delivery and warranteed.

Quote "If its LEXUS part number we should be able to order it"

I will keep everyone informed on progress.

• 1 month later...

Presumably they're only recommending that for the boot lip. The sides don't need holes anyway, but there's no way the front will fit properly with double sided tape.

Perhaps I'll bring a kit back with me and have a go.