Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Trafford Centre

Went trafford centre yesterday after locking my car went into the trafford centre

upon returning to my car tried unlocking had no luck - wouldnt unlock tried different things like different positions round the car.

nothing was working so i unlocked manually with the key - alarm going off - so tried driving the car a bit with alarm going off got out the car and tried locking it and it wouldnt so drove bit further still with alarm going - gt out again and then heard this voice say "mine does it all the time here" it was someone in a blue Lexus IS 200 sport.

drove it a bit further and tried again and it worked

He told me he had the problem all the time

Anyone have this problem there?

Personally not at the Trafford Centre, but other people have reported the same thing there. Myself it has happened when I parked next to a sub station and on the roof of a car park in Blackpool. Something about all the arials and phone masts I think.

Don't go Trafford Centre that often - but when I have (parked near where UCI Cinema/Nandos are) not had any trouble?

Strange - but I have had this problem with other cars in the past. :S

Maybe shouldn't admit to this, a friend of mine :winky: and I used to have a bit of fun where we used to work in a telecoms section. It was next to a fairly large carpark and if we saw someone going back to there car we would just flood the the RF band with crap so there fob things wouldn't work :)

Was funny trying to watch them open the car without the alarm going off.

Oh the things you do when your young, or as Raz would say 'back in the day'

Had this problem a couple of times though not at the Trafford Centre. I usualy park on the Debenham side. When it has happened in the past I just keep walking around and away from the car and it eventually unlocks. I think there is a way of turning the alarm off once inside the car. You obviously need the key but I think I've read something in the manual about disarming.

Yeah its been on the local news a couple of years ago, its to do with the masts and stuff. I used to have a civic ek with a Clifford 500 alarm and it was so bad I had to get my mate to tow it out of range just so I can get the alarm working! Although my last Civic Type R was fine everywhere. Only just brought my IS300 and not tried it yet! :)