Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200/300 Oem Head Unit

I have a 1999 IS200 with the stock head unit that came with the car (i.e. cd slot at the bottom). I've had the Err3 message for a few weeks now and have given up trying to fix it.

Does anyone know if the head unit fitted to these models after 2000 (i.e. cd slot at the top) will work as a direct replacement?

Nope, plugs at the back are different...

Sneeky buggers :(

So that must mean that they would have had to carry on making the old model as well as the new one...which doesnt make sense. Oh well.

Just got off the phone to my local Lexus dealer, quoted £1000 for a new one....not happy

So that must mean that they would have had to carry on making the old model as well as the new one...which doesnt make sense. Oh well.

Just got off the phone to my local Lexus dealer, quoted £1000 for a new one....not happy

Omg is that how much they cost??? I've not looked into mine yet, an it's been broke for like 7 months lol

Next month i might as well start buying a whole new audio system for that amount

Omg is that how much they cost??? I've not looked into mine yet, an it's been broke for like 7 months lol

Next month i might as well start buying a whole new audio system for that amount

There are a couple of the newer type with the slot on the top knocking about on eBay fairly cheap, but I'm having trouble sourcing the older type for a sensible amount.

It's stuff like this that is makeing me think twice about buying a new IS. In the last 6 months the remote locking has packed up, the cd player has packed up and one night the left indicator started going all buy itself when the automatic headlights came on....ended up having to pull the fuse out for the indicators...at least that last prob. has fixed itself for now.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links