Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Collection

Hey folks, back again and happy to say that i have been told my new Lexus IS 250SE is ready for collection, so will be there tomorrow to pick it up.

Just wanted to ask those of you who are lucky enough to be driving one at the moment, is there any advice you would give when collecting the car??

i.e. anything i should look for in particular? any questions i should be asking the dealer?

I thought about a test drive, but speaking to the dealer she was adamant that the rattle and seat belt issues had been resolved and does not affect my car or those built at the similar time or after.

To be honest, the only time i have is after work, which means it would late evening and i would rather just go drive the car on my own/friends, than sit with the dealer etc.....

Anyway, thanks for any help

Bring on tomorrow !!!!

Hey folks, back again and happy to say that i have been told my new Lexus IS 250SE is ready for collection, so will be there tomorrow to pick it up.

Just wanted to ask those of you who are lucky enough to be driving one at the moment, is there any advice you would give when collecting the car??

i.e. anything i should look for in particular? any questions i should be asking the dealer?

I thought about a test drive, but speaking to the dealer she was adamant that the rattle and seat belt issues had been resolved and does not affect my car or those built at the similar time or after.

To be honest, the only time i have is after work, which means it would late evening and i would rather just go drive the car on my own/friends, than sit with the dealer etc.....

Bring on tomorrow !!!!

I would go on the basis that the rattles could still be present. I'm still taking mine in AGAIN to try and get them sorted out. Even after going in for the belt recall, there is now another rattle on the passenger height adjustment. Very disappointed with Lexus Glasgow.

While mine was in, I had a courtesy car and that rattled from behind the aircon controls. That was an 06 plate, so should have been rattle free.

Be very careful, although the rattles on mine only started after a few months, so even on a test drive you may not hear anything.

Sorry for the doom and gloom, but getting totally fed up with these annoying niggles on an otherwise superb car.

I am due to pick up my IS220d Sport on Thursday or Friday from Lexus Edinburgh. Can't wait. Got my free insurance arranged today, etc. so all should go according to plan. Car due at the dealer tomorrow.

Does Lexus Glasgow (or Edinburgh if you know) have a "handover" bay that some forums users have spoken about?

What do you/did you get with the car when you collected it?

Brian [:)]

I am due to pick up my IS220d Sport on Thursday or Friday from Lexus Edinburgh. Can't wait. Got my free insurance arranged today, etc. so all should go according to plan. Car due at the dealer tomorrow.

Does Lexus Glasgow (or Edinburgh if you know) have a "handover" bay that some forums users have spoken about?

What do you/did you get with the car when you collected it?

Brian [:)]

Glasgow does have an area in the showroom for collection, although their dealership is very cramped and they really do need to change premises.

When I collected my car I got diddly....no flowers or chocolates for the missus, not even a Lexus brolley :shutit:

B)-->

QUOTE(Carlos B @ Jul 10 2006, 08:41 PM)

Bring on tomorrow !!!!

I would go on the basis that the rattles could still be present. I'm still taking mine in AGAIN to try and get them sorted out. Even after going in for the belt recall, there is now another rattle on the passenger height adjustment. Very disappointed with Lexus Glasgow.

While mine was in, I had a courtesy car and that rattled from behind the aircon controls. That was an 06 plate, so should have been rattle free.

Be very careful, although the rattles on mine only started after a few months, so even on a test drive you may not hear anything.

Sorry for the doom and gloom, but getting totally fed up with these annoying niggles on an otherwise superb car.

Hold on ..Hold on..

Go back a mo, did you say Free insurance?.

Did Lexus give you free insurance and how do i get mine.

A perk from Lexus Edinburgh - if you get a quote through their insurer, you get 1 weeks free insurance and a good quote - this allows you to get a cover note to them with no issues (sent by the insurer immediately), a week to sort your own insurance and your road tax etc is arranged no worries.

Brian :)

Glasgow does have an area in the showroom for collection, although their dealership is very cramped and they really do need to change premises.

When I collected my car I got diddly....no flowers or chocolates for the missus, not even a Lexus brolley :shutit:

I'll let you know ifI get anything. The salesperson has been excellent, phoning often to keep me informed etc. One of the main reasons I bought my car from Lexus Edinburgh (as opposed to Glasgow) is the reviews of the dealership experience on here.

Brian.

A perk from Lexus Edinburgh - if you get a quote through their insurer, you get 1 weeks free insurance and a good quote - this allows you to get a cover note to them with no issues (sent by the insurer immediately), a week to sort your own insurance and your road tax etc is arranged no worries.

I'll let you know ifI get anything. The salesperson has been excellent, phoning often to keep me informed etc. One of the main reasons I bought my car from Lexus Edinburgh (as opposed to Glasgow) is the reviews of the dealership experience on here.

Brian.

Whats a good quote for the Edinburgh area, got a quote for mine from my old insurer (Privilege) last week

new is250sel mm auto, 39 yo 6 points garaged £420 how does this compare?

I got my car from Lexus Edinburgh mate and it was a great experience. Met the dealer and we sat down filled in all the relevant paperwork then was asked to come through to the handover bay. There was my car sitting there gleaming on the well cleaned floor!!! Car looked awesome.

After that had my guided tour of the car and my wife was given a bottle of wine in a lexus wooden box, very nice touch!!!

They opened up the glass doors and off I went. Congrats go to the edinburgh branch as was very impressed with the full handover procedure!

Enjoy mate!

Ivan

220d Sport - 3 years NCB, 2 accidents, aged 31, garaged, Advanced Driving Licence Pass, no points, £440

Sounds pretty reasonable, who's that through?

Bring on tomorrow !!!!

If you are getting MM do not leave until you are sure that you have some idea of how everything works especially the sat/nav and phone, as it can take ages and many tears to work it out for yourself. If you have not driven diesel before and even if you have, get used to the power bands and especially the cars habit of cutting out at low revs when turning into T junctions and other places you would rather it not cut out on. Dont worry when you have worked it out its not a problem its only a question of getting used to it.

I thought insurance was dear over here Full comp no points €630=£425

Happy motoring

Lexus Leicester have a couple of handover bays and my experience was similar to others. Saw my car bathed in a light as I drove up to the dealer. Did the paper work and was then LED to my car which looked stunning. So nice that as soon as I drove out I took loadsa pictures as it will never look the same again!

Make sure that you get any questions answered while you are there as it will save time in the long run. Got the guy to show me all the controls for the Sat Nav as the manual is about the size of a family bible! However you will be so pleased with the car that you will want to drive off as soon as possible.

I got a brolly, wallet, cufflinks and Supaguard but this was partly due to a few "incidents" that had happened prior to purchase!

On the topic of insurance has anyone used Lexus Insurance and if so are they any good?

On the topic of insurance has anyone used Lexus Insurance and if so are they any good?

Always been bery expensive for me. Didn't bother get a quote from them this year.

B)-->

QUOTE(Carlos B @ Jul 10 2006, 09:09 PM)

I actually paid for my Brolley... :tomato:

Always been bery expensive for me. Didn't bother get a quote from them this year.

B)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Carlos B @ Jul 10 2006, 09:09 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

I actually paid for my Brolley... :tomato:

I got a quote from Lexus yesterday.

Wow over £200 more than Privilage and the benefits are not much better. Guaranteed Lexus repair and courtessy vehicle though that has to be worth a bit rather than a Nissan Micro thingy

Been with lexus insurance 3 years now

40 years old no points(somehow) !!

2006 250 sport mm garaged notts area

£350

Lexus Insurance quoted me 550 - Privilege Insurance is pretty good for Lexus, 26yrs, No points, Full Driving License, East Sussex, IS 250 Sport for £369.00.

slightly off topic - Jon, I realise you have the IS 250 Sport - may I ask whats the average fuel economy? I average 27mpg as compared to the SEL which averaged 32 mpg.

Thanks

Javeed

Thanks for all the replies guys, and i am happy to say i am now a proud owner of a new Lexus IS250 SE. Like some of you said, when i saw it in the showroom sitting pretty, all that was said to me went in one ear and out the other, lol !! it looked so much better than i had imagined, although it was 6 months ago when i ordered !!!

Anyway, i too went for the black and at the moment it looks really shiny, due to the supaguard which i had done, but i have to ask, with it having the supaguard what is the best way to keep it looking shiny?? Should i use the waxes etc or just simply wash it alone??

Thanks again guys !!!

I fully intend to start layering some coats of Swissol wax on top of the Supagard applied to mine on Thursday, when I picked it up from Lexus Edinburgh.

How did your handover go with Lexus Glasgow - I was VERY pleased with Lexus Edinburgh & salesman Sebastien Zamora. Nipping in on Monday to get my Handbrake tightened and an adjustment to the clutch - but it has been a great 400 miles so far. Can't wait to take it out of the garage tomorrow and get the 1,87598,3453453,453,53,453 flies scraped off the front!!!! AND its' first stone chip on the bonnet.

However, the car is PHENOMENAL and the colour combination is perfect. NO rattles (yet or ever I hope).

Lexus Leicester have a couple of handover bays and my experience was similar to others. Saw my car bathed in a light as I drove up to the dealer. Did the paper work and was then led to my car which looked stunning. So nice that as soon as I drove out I took loadsa pictures as it will never look the same again!

Make sure that you get any questions answered while you are there as it will save time in the long run. Got the guy to show me all the controls for the Sat Nav as the manual is about the size of a family bible! However you will be so pleased with the car that you will want to drive off as soon as possible.

I got a brolly, wallet, cufflinks and Supaguard but this was partly due to a few "incidents" that had happened prior to purchase!

Lexus Insurance gave me the best quote, £498. I was previously with Direct Line who quoted me £895, which I wasn,t happy with, so looked around. Got quotes from NU (£799), More Than (£705). It was a work mate who suggested getting a quote from Lexus. Silly me for not thinking of that one. The cover is actually better than the other quotes I got, with many extras that are free, which you have to pay for with the others.

Lexus Leicester have a couple of handover bays and my experience was similar to others. Saw my car bathed in a light as I drove up to the dealer. Did the paper work and was then led to my car which looked stunning. So nice that as soon as I drove out I took loadsa pictures as it will never look the same again!

Lexus Insurance gave me the best quote, £498. I was previously with Direct Line who quoted me £895, which I wasn,t happy with, so looked around. Got quotes from NU (£799), More Than (£705). It was a work mate who suggested getting a quote from Lexus. Silly me for not thinking of that one. The cover is actually better than the other quotes I got, with many extras that are free, which you have to pay for with the others.

I have been quoted £600 from Lexus which includes business use, has a low excess and protected No claims. It is not the cheapest but does have a lot of good things going for it. The cheapest I've been quoted is £520 for the same cover. The issue I have is that it is not always wise going with the cheapest insurer. I have learned that lesson after my car was keyed and all the hassle I had with the insurance company sorting it out. Making me do all the leg work, having to chase them, unreturned calls etc. and in the end I am still not happy mainly because I want the work done at a Lexus garage and they want it done elsewhere. If I had gone with Lexus I could have taken it to the dealer of my choice, got a decent courtesy car etc. When my renewal comes up (Sept.) I will seriously think about going with Lexus. Mainly for the peace of mind and hopefully quick resolution to claims.

I got a brolly, wallet, cufflinks and Supaguard but this was partly due to a few "incidents"....

On that basis they owe me a free car :duh: :lol:

Don't think I'll be getting one of those...

Anyway, my insurance is £484, Direct Line, me and spuse, UL mileage, £150 excess and Bus Class 1A for both of us. Includes legal and NCB cover.

Not bad me thinks...

But then insurance is all about where you live, age and how much of a risk you are...everyones different!!