Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

About Resetting Ecu And Fuel Pumper Quality

Hi folks, I am a new member here got a few questions.

Q1. Here I read two different version of resetting ECU

Version 1 ---- in which said remove the fuse that is in the slot "ECU-B." It is a 20 amp fuse

Version 2----Remove the 25Amp EFI fuse and the 15Amp ECTS fuse

could someone explain to me the difference, :question: I have tried version 1 yesterday after I filled in optimax, I could feel much more responsive rather than the lazy gearbox.

Q2. For the same amount of money: a. Optimax b. premium Unleaded

which one would run longer (assume both are using same driving habit) :question:

Q3. Do you guys suffered some problem with Fuel pumper of this car, does it have good quality? Cos I used to fill up only lower quartile of the tank and leave it almost empty until fill up again. Does it matter or not? :question:

Hi folks, I am a new member here got a few questions.

Q1. Here I read two different version of resetting ECU

Version 1 ---- in which said remove the fuse that is in the slot "ECU-B." It is a 20 amp fuse

Version 2----Remove the 25Amp EFI fuse and the 15Amp ECTS fuse

could someone explain to me the difference, :question: I have tried version 1 yesterday after I filled in optimax, I could feel much more responsive rather than the lazy gearbox.

Q2. For the same amount of money: a. Optimax b. premium Unleaded

which one would run longer (assume both are using same driving habit) :question:

Q3. Do you guys suffered some problem with Fuel pumper of this car, does it have good quality? Cos I used to fill up only lower quartile of the tank and leave it almost empty until fill up again. Does it matter or not? :question:

Well, with version 1, your gearbox learns your driving style once again. So if you re-set ECU, and then immediately kickdown at every junction, then your gearbox will set itself up for more aggressive changes. If you re-set and drive like an old granny, the gearbox will shift into next gear as soon as possible. You might have to re-set ecu every 200 miles or so, so the gearbox has amnesia every time and responds better. Some US folks re-set the ECU every weekend. :shifty:

The difference with #2

Optimax is Shell's super unleaded, has a higher Ron, pretty much the same as most super unleaded's.

It can be a long winded post, to cut it short, all Jap market cars are desinged to run on 100 RON (the jap standard)

But will run on normal unleaded, but with reduced power.

If you have a normal GS300 designed for the Euro market, normal unleaded will be fine, super unleaded will give you sightly better performance.