Sign in to follow this  
Nick The Greek

Supercharged Is200

Car's coming upto 91k now.

Wondering how long the engine will be good for? (asuming correct servicing etc) :unsure:

Wondering how long the engine will be good for? (asuming correct servicing etc) :unsure:

I'm just booking in my 100k service, its all running fine.

I think you should be ok for a long while yet mate.

I'm sure there are / were a few supercharged IS on here that were well over 100k miles.

Im on 91k to, everything seems fine. The supercharger works within the cars engine tolerances so it should be ok in theory forever. :blush:

Don't some superchargers need to be reconditioned after a certain amout of time/use.....?

I remember being told to stay away from a corrado G60 for this reason as the reconditioning was big money...... :unsure:

Don't some superchargers need to be reconditioned after a certain amout of time/use.....?

I remember being told to stay away from a corrado G60 for this reason as the reconditioning was big money...... :unsure:

Sealed unit, doesn't need touching.

I'm more concerned about the engine really, as no-one really knows how well over-engineered they are!

Toyota engines are generally well engineered and remember there a 6 block so should be bullet proof.

Engine will be fine! the boost is too low for any probs but obviously as with ANY car if you drive on the limit all the time it will take its toll!

I have done 116,000 in my IS, and 16k with the Turbo, as long as you do the servicing etc. when it needs it! should be good for about 200K if not more :winky: