Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

might has well throw it all in one post save my little fingers :) and ill make it breif

after long run on my car checked oil. was under low on hot mark on dipstick

any one tell me how to check the level on an auto box, engine running/neutral??

induction kits, any real benefit from a standard airbox?. any suggestions

exhaust, same as... worth the money?

im contemplating having a spending spree on the car, just dont know if it will be worth it

Steve

(right off ta bed) :)

Hi Steve,

Gearbox

To check the Autobox for level,take it out for a drive for half a hour or about 15 miles so its nice and warm.

Then with the engine running and your foot on the brake or handbrake on,put the gear selector through each postion and wait so you can feel its in the gear,then onto the next gear until your down to L or 1st which ever is on the selector on your car.Then do the same thing until its back in park.Then with the engine still running check the gearbox for level and top up if nedded :)

Like your saying the faster the air/fuel goes in the engine the better the power,but what goes in must come out so its worth doing the induction and Exhaust ;)

Hope thats of some help.

Chips..

cheers fella, ill try that, at weekend, reason why i thought it needed toppin up is yesterday when on a slight hill, she rolled back ... (didnt think auto's did that?. (my supra didnt any way)

as for the air and zorts, did both on the 7mgte (supra) made a bit of an improvement, but that was a turbo

Hi,

That was a short nap :D

As to rolling back on a hill,theres alot of variables to the question.The gearing of the car,the idle speed,the torque etc.

The only brand that gave there word of no roll back is Rolls Royce,ive heard years ago they tested there cars on the steepist hill in the UK :D

I normally hold the car with my left foot on the brake if the cars sat on a hill.As my car will roll back if the slope is a little steep.

Chips..

to be honest, on the "BIG FAT" type o exhaust not really for me , exp when you have 2 of them sticking out of the rear of the car, what i would like is a pair of slightly larger round ones instead of the oval , the induction kit if i remember on the supra was off an aston martin, they fitted (dont know if they still do) k&n to their v8 engines and after 6 months bin em so i got a 6 month old filter for 10£ made an adapter and bobs your thingy :)