Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Mobile Speed Camera Detection

Icarus

Have had a clean licence for 20years now but the last 3years Ive managed to amass 6 points along with the fixed cash penalties.

Both occurrences were in 30mph limits and both by mobile cameras. Although classed as safety camera sites Ive since found out from the net that the total number of accidents on both stretches of road are what I would consider negligble. I believe these sites to be more cash generators for the regional constabularies.

Anyway, Ive decided I need a camera detector but having done many hours research on the net Im still confused.

Any recommendations would be gratefully accepted.

Icarus

generally speaking, most people say the valentine and the bell passport are the best on the market.

cobra have just released a new range that has the Ku band that we use over here, along with a radar detector detector jammer built-in. this is what i use and not had any problems thus far, but i did buy it in the states so dunno if its available over here

:D :D

generally speaking, most people say the valentine and the bell passport are the best on the market.

cobra have just released a new range that has the Ku band that we use over here, along with a radar detector detector jammer built-in. this is what i use and not had any problems thus far, but i did buy it in the states so dunno if its available over here

:D :D

Don't bother with detectors, too late once you've been pinged. SLD 920X is what you need, I'll let you do your own research. There's also a new device out that does a similar job but is upgradeable & linkable to a GPS based system thats potentially very very clever indeed! like returning the GPS's recorded speed limit for the area, back to whatever is firing at it !!!

www.drive-smart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=510

What about using tomtom/garmin on and downloading pocketgpsworld's list of cameras every month (it contains specs/gatsos and mobile sites). not a detector but better than nothing ;-)

The downside of a Lex is that it's so smooth and quiet, it's too easy to stray over the limit.. :lol:

You can't use that excuse when you are doing 130+ on the motorway mr Maneesh ............. ;)

The downside of a Lex is that it's so smooth and quiet, it's too easy to stray over the limit.. :lol:

You can't use that excuse when you are doing 130+ on the motorway mr Maneesh ............. ;)

WHO, ME? I've never been over 70 :winky:

What about using tomtom/garmin on and downloading pocketgpsworld's list of cameras every month (it contains specs/gatsos and mobile sites). not a detector but better than nothing ;-)

I use a snooper S5-R detector and a Garmin I3 Satnav with monthly updates, less than £300 all in and the Garmin I3 has postcode search satnav as well. They're both really simple (like me) :huh: and plug and play

There are so many sneaky cameras now a good detector plus Satnav with monthly updates seems the way forward IMHO.

Don't bother with detectors, too late once you've been pinged. SLD 920X is what you need, I'll let you do your own research. There's also a new device out that does a similar job but is upgradeable & linkable to a GPS based system thats potentially very very clever indeed! like returning the GPS's recorded speed limit for the area, back to whatever is firing at it !!!

www.drive-smart.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=510

I've been thinking about getting a speed camera detector recently, and was thinking of getting one of the new road angel ones, mainly because as it is an all in one unit, simply stick on windscreen and go. Can therefore move between cars as well as nothing is wired in.

However, I was just reading about that drive smart device and it does appear to be quite good. The pocketgpsworld review seems to be praising it as well. Its also much cheaper than the others, so the only downside I can see to it is its size (and the fact that it does need to have the antenna wired in as its separate)

Has anyone got one of these or seen it in action? Is it as good as it all seems?