Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Brembo Front And Rear Discs

Rich OB

To all you knowledgeable so an so's i've come across a set of brembo front and rear discs on US eBay and was wondering if they will fit my UK IS200?

In need of new discs so thought i would upgrade to these, at £250 inc. P&P sounds like a good deal.

Opinions/advice appreciated.

Rich

This is a link for the brembo discs.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/90-04-Bremb...sspagenameZWDVW

Thanks, i e mailed the guy who told me the front and rear discs will be $256 plus $197P&P so all in is a damn site cheaper than buying them over here!

Thanks guys.

no mate - be prepared for UK customs to charge you VAT and duty, if they dont then fine but i would calculate this cost into the total just in case. It might not work out so cheap then

He said this would be the total price!?

Maybe he is planning on marking them as gift to avoid taxes, but brake discs are kinda heavy so will probably attract customs attention..... so it's best to be prepared for the extra cost :)

Nothing is ever as straight forward as it seems is it.

I might think against it then cos its like buying blind, i mean i won't know what the extra charges are until i have purchased and commited, i will e mail him again.

I am in bad need of some discs so may well just get get the mintexones with pads.

Does anyone know of anywhere else Brembos come in at a reasonable price as they do look good and while i'm at it i might as well try and get these discs.

Thanx for your advice.

I might think against it then cos its like buying blind, i mean i won't know what the extra charges are until i have purchased and commited, i will e mail him again.

I am in bad need of some discs so may well just get get the mintexones with pads.

Does anyone know of anywhere else Brembos come in at a reasonable price as they do look good and while i'm at it i might as well try and get these discs.

Thanx for your advice.

I got mine from altezzascott, he use to be trader on loc, he can still get them i think.

Thanx for your advice.

There are ways and means round customs and excise ;)

Depends how valuable the items are.

brake discs if marked as gifts or samples you will probably get away with.

May be a bit late for you but I'll be offering some mintex discs which will be grooved (8) and passivated so the rim and centre part dont go rusty........prob first week in August

Also coming are some 2 part discs a la DBA (Drilled) which will offer a degree of bling with increased stopping power :D .

I imported a set over, shipping didn't cost me anything as i import from US bi monthly :)

Good setup, although it didn't cut it for me on high speed braking, tons of fading... although the combo i had used Axxis Ceramic pads which were cack

Serves no real advantage over OEM ones imo, apart from the looks

Well if i decide to go ahead with the brembo discs i will ask him if he will put as gifts, thanx for the tip!

As i said as i am in need of new discs i thought i would go for the better looking type as the IS200 does not need extra stopping power in standard form!!

So does Prolex UK have any pics or prices of these new discs coming out?...i don't drive my car very much atm so i could wait if its worth it.

Well if i decide to go ahead with the Brembo discs i will ask him if he will put as gifts, thanx for the tip!

As i said as i am in need of new discs i thought i would go for the better looking type as the IS200 does not need extra stopping power in standard form!!

So does Prolex UK have any pics or prices of these new discs coming out?...i don't drive my car very much atm so i could wait if its worth it.

What about something different.....? alot different :devil:

rotordisc4lz.jpgRotor Discs are a direct replacement for original discs and are Zinc plated to help prevent rust on unswept surfaces.

what do you think?

Lol!

I have seen these about but am a bit unsure on em, i mean i don't think they quite go with the classy Lex look unless you got some aggressive styling goin on or some big power.

But different, i'll give ya that mate! Lol!

Well if i decide to go ahead with the Brembo discs i will ask him if he will put as gifts, thanx for the tip!

What about something different.....? alot different :devil:

rotordisc4lz.jpgRotor Discs are a direct replacement for original discs and are Zinc plated to help prevent rust on unswept surfaces.

what do you think?

Daz has them fitted on the rear of his car and look very cool indeed :D