Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Help - Blitz Kit Don't Fit My Throttle Body

OK, I bought a Blitz SUS Power induction kit for my GS, despite the box saying it was meant for Aristo Twin Turbo model. I was so excited when fitting it..that noise to look forward to.. :duh:

Started to remove factory airbox, and was ready to fit the Blitz, when :tsktsk: :tsktsk:

the pipe going from the blitz kit to the Y bend coming off the throttle body won't go inside the Y bend..they are exactly the same size..see pics..

In order to make the Blitz fit, I need to get the Blitz pipe a good three inches inside the Y bend, which means a new Y bend..possibly one off an Aristo...as I guess it's bigger

What do u lot think?

This is the plastic pipe that I need to stick the Blitz pipe into...

81061188-M.jpg

This shows you that the Blitz pipe is the same size as the plastic pipe

81061534-M.jpg

Another shot

81061788-M.jpg

The filter itself

81060852-M.jpg

Mate.....you were a bit premature on this one, the LM kit will not work with the N/A engine.
Can you not get another bit of hose, slightly bigger to clamp over both pipes? But it looks like you might have to change anyway.

Mate.....you were a bit premature on this one, the LM kit will not work with the N/A engine.

Perhaps, but I've got the SUS power kit. Can't I just get a plastic bendy pipe off an Aristo?

Can you not get another bit of hose, slightly bigger to clamp over both pipes?

my thinking exactly :D

That is a perfectly good idea, except then the cone filter won't fit at the other end. I need to push the Blitz pipe inside the bendy pipe. :blush:

Perhaps, but I've got the SUS power kit. Can't I just get a plastic bendy pipe off an Aristo?

Can you not get another bit of hose, slightly bigger to clamp over both pipes?

my thinking exactly :D

That is a perfectly good idea, except then the cone filter won't fit at the other end. I need to push the Blitz pipe inside the bendy pipe. :blush:

You only need a very small length of pipe that goes over the ones that are the same size. This will hold it together and you will still be able to use all of the original parts that you've got.... :winky: Or are you saying that it will be too long, if done this way ?

Doh! I just had an idea! :crybaby: :D

Why don't I just attach the filter straight onto the factory pipe that also has the MAF connector, and see if that offers enough room for the filter? :o

You could do .... but

1) It would lose the bling factor ...........

2) I'm sure in there tests somewhere, they would have calculated that the pipe would have to be a certain length ?

Your engine :

81061188-M.jpg

Aristo Engine (Dave Ellen) :

med_gallery_1069_112_991054.jpg

You could do .... but

1) It would lose the bling factor ...........

2) I'm sure in there tests somewhere, they would have calculated that the pipe would have to be a certain length ?

Your engine :

81061188-M.jpg

Aristo Engine (Dave Ellen) :

med_gallery_1069_112_991054.jpg

:blush: its very clean now

Ok, another mate of mine has said that even if I end up fitting this filter onto my car, if I use the Blitz supplied pipe to fit it, then I will be drawing more cold air into the engine than with the factory pipe, and I will be running too lean, which will cause issues..is this true or mostly :tsktsk: ?

Yes .... it's the same with all air intakes mate......... you might not actually 'notice' it ....

That's when you then get your self the decent zorst ....... and get it mapped properly ... IE Camcon ... etc ;)

Yes .... it's the same with all air intakes mate......... you might not actually 'notice' it ....

That's when you then get your self the decent zorst ....... and get it mapped properly ... IE Camcon ... etc ;)

TRD zausts are arriving next week, and I'm looking at the SAFC II as well.. :duh:

Notice it - puhlease...I don't drive fast enough to notice it :yawn:

Absolute Bolacks, you'll be drawing in more HOT air.

Not really a problem on a N/A, more so for forced induction though.

It's not bollox ........ I had the same problem on mine, I was running to lean.

there a big debate on TIF (toyota imports forum) and lots of data.........

best results are from keeping OEM system BUT drilling 3 * 2 " holes in the air filter housing...idea being Mr T's ducts work well getting cold air up through the bumper and the 3 extra holes let the air from the headlight area get in as well...........fir aftermarket filter......

I have actual data from Mike Morse car which proves the K&N induction kits air temp at the intake is higher than stock.

Cant comment on this set up but would wager the same is true

So I guess if I manage to fit this bleedin' blitz thingy, then I better start building my own cold air box too?

IMHO I'd box it up & sell on eBay.........get a K&N or TRD filter for the OEM housing and try the TIF option..........pop over and do a search............all sorts on there.

It's basic common knowledge that with induction kits, the engine sucks in hotter air, it's got nothing to do with more air.

The air capacity doesn't increase, it just allows air to be sucked in quicker, but with the downside of it being hotter air.

In colder weather a forced induction engine can run up to 10% more power because there's more air (denser air) which equals more fuel, which equals a bigger bang.

Basic engine knowledge.