Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bluetooth Telephone Nuting

anyone help me with this?

Have been using Bluetooth happily since new to me about 6 weeks ago.

Suddenly all incoming and outgoing calls are automatically muted, and though i change the screen from Mute on to mute off, it still does not work, and mutes again next time i hear it.

phone (nokia n80) works fine outside of car so i am assuming its a car thing not a phone one.

i figure i must have inadvertently changed something but cant figure what - ideas???

Have been using bluetooth happily since new to me about 6 weeks ago.

Suddenly all incoming and outgoing calls are automatically muted, and though i change the screen from Mute on to mute off, it still does not work, and mutes again next time i hear it.

phone (nokia n80) works fine outside of car so i am assuming its a car thing not a phone one.

i figure i must have inadvertently changed something but cant figure what - ideas???

I would suggest you delete your existing pairing and re-establish a new one - could be just a quirk .....

Tony

I would suggest you delete your existing pairing and re-establish a new one - could be just a quirk .....

Tony

Thanks - just tried that but no luck! Still dial out and the Mute On is showing

Tony

Thanks - just tried that but no luck! Still dial out and the Mute On is showing

Do you mean that the 'mute on' touch button is shown or does it show 'mute off'?

br

D

Do you mean that the 'mute on' touch button is shown or does it show 'mute off'?

br

D

It is showing Mute On and I cannot hear anything. I can change it by touching it to Mute Off, but still cannot hear anything. Next time I dial out, it still reverts to Mute On and nothing can be heard.

I'm sure, or at least I hope, that this is going to be a 'DOH' when I find out. I will try someone elses Bluetooth today to see if it works with that

br

D

It is showing Mute On and I cannot hear anything. I can change it by touching it to Mute Off, but still cannot hear anything. Next time I dial out, it still reverts to Mute On and nothing can be heard.

I'm sure, or at least I hope, that this is going to be a 'DOH' when I find out. I will try someone elses Bluetooth today to see if it works with that

'Mute on' is normal status. It doesn't mean that the mute is on but it means that if you press it you will turn the mute on.

As for N80, I'm not aware of any issues. I can ask though. If you press *#0000# what does the phone show on its display?

br

D

br

D

'Mute on' is normal status. It doesn't mean that the mute is on but it means that if you press it you will turn the mute on.

As for N80, I'm not aware of any issues. I can ask though. If you press *#0000# what does the phone show on its display?

br

D

To my knowledge Mute On (when pressed to then show Mute off) means the other party cannot hear you talking in the car, whilst you can hear the other party. It is not a call holding facility. I would suggest you try another phone, if you have one to hand. If it does not work with that, off to the dealer I am afraid ....

Tony

To my knowledge Mute On (when pressed to then show Mute off) means the other party cannot hear you talking in the car, whilst you can hear the other party. It is not a call holding facility. I would suggest you try another phone, if you have one to hand. If it does not work with that, off to the dealer I am afraid ....

Tony

Yes, when you press mute on the other party can't hear you but you can still hear them.

BTW

Have you tried re-starting the phone when it does this? Does it still do it?

Pressing the keys I mentioned will show which FW version it is. There may well already be a later FW available which would fix this issue for you.

br

D

Thanks for help - now sorted. My phone's Battery went completely dead (useless n80) , I replaced it with a new charged one and lo and behold the Bluetooth is working fine. So it was a phone problem not a Lexus one after all. The Mute On/Off was a red herring - now it is working i can see that this is a 'switch' as opposed to an indicator of current status.

My only clue as to why this might have happened was that I had to switch my phone to silent shortly before it went faulty. Although I switched it back to general (and the phone itself received and made calls fine once away from the bloothtooth range), it somehow confused the cars Bluetooth facility.