Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Latest Sat Nav Cd Version Number For Ls400 Pre 2002

Hi everyone,

Having just purchased an ls400 and being told by the owners son that his father had updated the sat nav cd a couple of years ago I have checked the version number on the disk and it has indeed been updated to ver 3.4 release 00-5 and we still have the original 1.1 version supplied with the car.

My confusion comes however by being offered a replacement disk apparently purchased recently which the owner states is 2005 ver 2.1, have lexus changed their numbering format of the CD (CD not DVD as car is pre DVD Sat Nav) or is this version likely to be older than the one I have which I was told was purchased a couple of years ago.

If anyone has information relating to the most recent release of the Sat Nav CD for the ls400 I would appreciate it, at present my only gripe is the inability to input a destination while on the move, I can appreciate the safety factor of this but it also prevents a passenger from inputting a destination which carries no risks, it is awkward to have to come off a motorway to reset a destination to have to get back on again. Although new to the lexus sat nav system I have already experienced being taken round in circles following it's instructions so would be happy to find an improved version, although the woman is so polite it's hard to get mad with her :blush:

Thanks in advance for any information

Hi everyone,

Having just purchased an ls400 and being told by the owners son that his father had updated the sat nav cd a couple of years ago I have checked the version number on the disk and it has indeed been updated to ver 3.4 release 00-5 and we still have the original 1.1 version supplied with the car.

My confusion comes however by being offered a replacement disk apparently purchased recently which the owner states is 2005 ver 2.1, have lexus changed their numbering format of the CD (CD not DVD as car is pre DVD Sat Nav) or is this version likely to be older than the one I have which I was told was purchased a couple of years ago.

If anyone has information relating to the most recent release of the Sat Nav CD for the ls400 I would appreciate it, at present my only gripe is the inability to input a destination while on the move, I can appreciate the safety factor of this but it also prevents a passenger from inputting a destination which carries no risks, it is awkward to have to come off a motorway to reset a destination to have to get back on again. Although new to the lexus sat nav system I have already experienced being taken round in circles following it's instructions so would be happy to find an improved version, although the woman is so polite it's hard to get mad with her :blush:

Thanks in advance for any information

Okay, it probably seems sad answering my own post, but just got off the phone to the local Lexus dealership who tell me that the version number is only relevent to that year of release, apparently in my year there were a number of updates, also turns out mine is a 2000 release so maybe the guy meant he updated the disk after a couple of years not a couple of years ago. Incidentally even on latest releases of sat nav it still doesnt allow destination input on the move :crybaby:

Anyway hope the info helps someone else, if in doubt a call to your dealer with the part numbe ron the disk will allow them to tell you how old your version is.

I think 3.7 is the latest CD based update, i updated mine from 3.4. (not a huge difference TBH)...btw the 3.4 was the original disk from 2000.

Are you sure you havnt got crossed wires on the 2.1 disc...it sounds like it might be a dvd version update.

I think 3.7 is the latest CD based update, i updated mine from 3.4. (not a huge difference TBH)...btw the 3.4 was the original disk from 2000.

Are you sure you havnt got crossed wires on the 2.1 disc...it sounds like it might be a dvd version update.

Hi, according to lexus each year the release starts at 1 and increments with each update for that year, som eyears have more updates than others, the disk I have acquired :yawn: I was told was definately a 2005 release, it works fine and so far I havent seen a problem so fingers crossed.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links