Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Carlack Questions

I want to do a proper polishing job on my new car, whilst its still new.

So I plan on getting the carlack systematic care and sealant kit.

My question is once I have applied the systematic care and sealed it with sealant glaze, what do i apply next time i wash it?

Do I need to do both or just the systematic care or just the SG? I'm thinking that you don't need to do both at every wash?

Also, do i need to do anything before applying these treatments? ie remove the current polish thats on the car or will a simple wash then the carlack stuff do?

Hope you get what i mean :question:

Cheers,

dont quote me but i think you just simply wash the car as normal once you have applied the treatment.

As for the polish that is currently on the car i think that the carlack68 AIO will simply remove it once applied.

i think once you have applied the AIO and SG if you were to re-apply the AIO it would remove anything you previosuly put on (hope that makes sense). so i guess applying a coat of SG after every wash wouldnt hurt or maybe a layer of wax

member jamboo is probs best to ask for advice regarding these products.

Use AIO, SG if you want to, then add several layers of P21S carnuba wax. That should give you 3 months protection. There is a Klasse/carlack shampoo you can use when washing the car. No need to reapply AIO or SG every time u wash..that's overkill!

Use AIO, SG if you want to, then add several layers of P21S carnuba wax. That should give you 3 months protection. There is a Klasse/carlack shampoo you can use when washing the car. No need to reapply AIO or SG every time u wash..that's overkill!

Thanks,

So once I've done the initial treatment of AIO then SG, I can just shampoo with the carlack shampoo and maybe every 3-6 months give it another SG, or will I need to AIO then SG?

Thanks,

So once I've done the initial treatment of AIO then SG, I can just shampoo with the carlack shampoo and maybe every 3-6 months give it another SG, or will I need to AIO then SG?

You can apply wax over SG, but not SG over wax.

Best thing to do (although alot of initial work)

Shampoo

AIO

SG put about 3 / 4 layers on. The more the better. You MUST leave 24hrs between layers to give it time to bond. This will give a very good layer of protection.

Then 3 - 4 layers of wax. This will give a lovely deep shine.

This will last about 6 months or so. The only thing you need to do in between is shampoo and dry. This will bring it back up the the deep shine that you'll have. You can apply more wax if you like. But NO polish or SG. The polish will strip all existing products off the car.

As Mike has said.. you can wax over SG. But cant put SG ontop of wax :winky:

Shampoo

AIO

SG put about 3 / 4 layers on. The more the better. You MUST leave 24hrs between layers to give it time to bond. This will give a very good layer of protection.

This will last about 6 months or so. The only thing you need to do in between is shampoo and dry. This will bring it back up the the deep shine that you'll have. You can apply more wax if you like. But NO polish or SG. The polish will strip all existing products off the car.

Thanks guys,

I really want to do the above but don't think I'd have the time to do all that, especially leaving 24hrs between coats. I'll start with one coat of SG and see how we go from there.

Shampoo

AIO

Thanks guys,

I really want to do the above but don't think I'd have the time to do all that, especially leaving 24hrs between coats. I'll start with one coat of SG and see how we go from there.

No need to do it all in one week. You can put a layer of SG on each weekend. Then just apply wax. Build it up over time of you like. Just make sure you wash it before hand

Word of warning, SG can be a pig to remove. Don't put much on the applicating pad, only a VERY small amount is needed.

First time i did it SG was stubborn to get of as a result of putting too much on, and if your not careful and do as i did you end up rubbing harder than you need to and can eventually create swirls!

Just something you may want to be aware of :)

just to add something to this,

is the meguires 3 stage system basically a simialr process to the combination of products being used above?

i just wonderd thats all as ive seen that mentioned before

Word of warning, SG can be a pig to remove. Don't put much on the applicating pad, only a VERY small amount is needed.

First time i did it SG was stubborn to get of as a result of putting too much on, and if your not careful and do as i did you end up rubbing harder than you need to and can eventually create swirls!

Just something you may want to be aware of :)

I'll second that....

1st time I applied far too much and it about fookin killed me! All that's needed is one drop at each corner of the pad, plus one in the middle!

just to add something to this,

is the meguires 3 stage system basically a simialr process to the combination of products being used above?

i just wonderd thats all as ive seen that mentioned before

I think so mate. I've not used the Maguires so I'm not 100% sure. I've not used these Carlack products either. I use Sonus and Klasse. But I think they're all quite similar and do a similar job.

The meguires 3 stage is alot better at removing swirls than the Carlack/Klasse products but as only the final stage adds a wax protection doesn't seem to last as well as the synthetic Carlack/Klasse system.

If you're got alot of swirls, the first two stages of the meguires then Klasse AIO, then Klasse SG (several layers), then several layer of wax. The car will look great (especially if its black) but after that amount of effort you'll want to lie down for a week!!!!!!!!!

Shampoo

AIO

Thanks guys,

No need to do it all in one week. You can put a layer of SG on each weekend. Then just apply wax. Build it up over time of you like. Just make sure you wash it before hand

Ok cool, that sounds better :winky:

Could I just shampoo then go to SG, missing out the AIO stage, bearing in mind the cars still new and in "as new" condition?

Depends if you've applied wax...

Wax previously...no

no wax....then OK

No, I've only used cr@ppy turtle wax type polish.

In which case you need to start from square one....

- Carlak / AIO

- SG

- Carnauba wax

OK cheers, thanks for the advice. I'll pencil a whole Sunday in shortly and get down the gym, to build the arm muscles up :winky:

Only other comment is that you should try and apply at least 2 coates of SG:

Apply - hazeover, buff off, wait 24 hours, do it again...

Do more if you feel inclined, and it is useful to have a garage to store it in overnight!!

Then at least 2 coates of Carnauba or Souveran wax. Again, each applied 24 hours later. This stuff smells nice, goes on like oil, and comes off relatively easy.

You allow the 24 hours to let the wax harden fully, which can be quicker in the heat. If you don't let it harden, it'l be soft and will dissolve without you seeing it...and you won't actually putting anymore on....IYKWIM

Try not to apply in direct sunlight, else it becomes a mess!!! Do it in the cooler evenings or in the shade after the metal has cooled down.

Best cloths to use are cotton microfibres, even though cheapo pound shop microfibres are OK provided you don't rub too hard and leave swirls behind!!

Costco have been doing 20 microfibres for £8.99...if you have membership!

Do you have to leave 24hrs in between layes of wax?

yup

So is it a matter of quick wash and then wax if its between weekends ?

Unless it is really dirty then yes...........If not, a quick wipe with a detailing spray.....I use sonus spritz..... will be enough and then wax