Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi everyone, im new to this forum, so ive just posted in the newbie section.

At the moment i own a Toyota Supra, I'm interested in buying a Ls 400.

I would just like to know the good points and the bad points in owning one of these cars.

Many thanks.

Hi and Welcome to LOC :)

What Supra do you own the RZ or the older version?

What model LS400 are you looking at buying?

As a rule the LS will be more relaxing to drive.

More Quiet.

More refined.

More comfy.

Better built.

More leg room for people sat in the back.

More toys :D

More boot space.

Now for the bad points against the Supra.

Not as fast.

Wont go around corner as fast and wont have as good body control.

Supra will be better on fuel.

More expensive to put right.

You will blend into the back ground with the LS.

Bigger car so it will take more washing and waxing :D

There chalk and cheese.

Hope thats of some help.

Chips..

Hi everyone, im new to this forum, so ive just posted in the newbie section.

At the moment i own a Toyota Supra, I'm interested in buying a Ls 400.

I would just like to know the good points and the bad points in owning one of these cars.

Many thanks.

I'm 1 week into my LS coming from a Celica.

I find that now I get to work without having to felt the need to burn a chav nova off the lights :winky:

I'm ready for my day after the 15 mile drive not pent up!

Every one's right about the body roll though compared to a Jap sports car, having said that the road holding isn't bad.

Hi, I had a Supra and loved it but decided due to my age that it was time to move on to something that didn't look as though I was in the middle of my mid life crisis, it was however the only car I have run for a few years and managed to sell without losing money on it, since then I have had a couple of Jaguars, a sovereign and an xj8 again both powerfull cars, but having just taken ownership of a 1998 (older than I was wanting but 7500 miles made it a new 50k car in my eyes) ls400 with a genuine 7,504 miles on the clock complete with annual stamped service history I am more than happy, the car still has the brand new car smell, is in almost off the production line condition inside and out, and possibly because it is almost new is very economical regardless of what some may say.

On a recent trip which involved mostly motorway driving I obtained in excess of 32mpg with a tank average of around 27 which takes in the odd shopping trip so I am getting very good fuel returns, yet it still accelerates like a sports car, 0-60 I believe is supposed to be just over 6 seconds. It all depends on how you like to drive, but the styling of the ls400 should make you just want to saunter along, with the lexus, you know you have it and you don't need to prove it, you dont get the chav's blipping their throttles at the traffic lights anymore, you are in a different scene than that attracted by the Supra

Depending upon what you are looking for in a car I doubt that you will be dissapointed with an ls400, most that are available tend to have high mileages which we are told isn't a problem if they have been looked after, but I would bear in mind that every part of the car will have done that mileage not just the bulletproof engine and gearbox, my advice would be be patient and search out the right one, they are out there if you look hard enough, just buy the best you can afford and maintain.

Hope you find what you are looking for.

Don't rush, look carfully and you will find a really good one.

You won't regret it, I'd second all of the points from all posts above.

For me the best feature is to arrive home after a 3 hour journey on the M25 and exit my car "refreshed". No aches, no pains and my ears singing. The stereo is awesome..... and loud too with no loss of quality.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links