Sign in to follow this  
Ste355

Remote Locking Stopped Working

A few months ago I left my car (IS200 Sport) parked at work, when I went to go home I found that I couldn't open the car with the remote locking. Eventually I gave up and left it.

When I got home I replaced the Battery in the key and gave it another go the next morning...still nothing.

I read in the manual that I could open it with the key and disable the alarm by starting the engine with the key...which I did.

I've read on the forums about radio interference temporarily disabling peoples remote locking, but this can't be the case here because it's been like this for about 6 months.

I phoned my local dealer who kindly said they'd look at it..... for £90 an hour plus parts.

So before I empty my wallet does anyone have any suggestions

A few months ago I left my car (IS200 Sport) parked at work, when I went to go home I found that I couldn't open the car with the remote locking. Eventually I gave up and left it.

When I got home I replaced the battery in the key and gave it another go the next morning...still nothing.

I read in the manual that I could open it with the key and disable the alarm by starting the engine with the key...which I did.

I've read on the forums about radio interference temporarily disabling peoples remote locking, but this can't be the case here because it's been like this for about 6 months.

I phoned my local dealer who kindly said they'd look at it..... for £90 an hour plus parts.

So before I empty my wallet does anyone have any suggestions

I did suffer from the temporery version on this a few weeks ago. (lasted 2 days)

The only place I could lock/unlock from was if I was stood at the petrol filler cap. Then after a few hours it worked again and touch wood it's been fine since.

Very Very Weird