Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stolen Keys

Is there anything they have taken with your name and address on??????? sorry to make it sound worse but if there was too much activity joe publec/CCTV in the car park at the time and they may decide its easier to come back later if they have your address................. do you have a steering lock or something you could borrow untill its sorted

Oh and as for the Gym I think you would struggle to claim anything against them

What f :tsktsk: ers really feel for you mate

Good Luck

Right

went the gym this evening got back to my locker to find it was open and pad lock GONE and all the things inside my locker had GONE

straight away i ran out the gym to check my car was there and it was

In the locker was my change of cloths, and CAR KEYS only in my car which was outside the front door was 2 phones laptop and ipod so it could be worse!

So if they have my keys cant understand why they havent took the car

Asked the gym to check the CCTV they told me it was not working.

The gym said they were not covered as things are left at own risk - but under padlock shouldnt they be covered?

Rang the police there going to send people out to check for finger prints but cant see any being found.

Also cause the CCTV isnt working wont this give me a case to get some help of them,

I dont want to claim on the insurance

PS worst of all i was in the process of joining this company http://www.boomerang-tag.co.uk/claim.htm

Sorry you got robbed.

However there was a case about a year ago when a member of David Lloyd Cheadle I think it was won in court a claim against the gym where thieves broke into his locker and stole his keys (I think he had a Porsche).

Some hope there maybe someone else can help?

will do a search now see if i can find any info

Sorry you got robbed.

However there was a case about a year ago when a member of David Lloyd Cheadle I think it was won in court a claim against the gym where thieves broke into his locker and stole his keys (I think he had a Porsche).

Some hope there maybe someone else can help?

That is correct, there is case law to support the fact that, provided the customer (you) have not been negligent, then the gym has the case to answer (furthermore supported by the fast that they admit the CCTV wasn't working). Should be a cut & dried case in the County Court.

GREAT news

GYM just phones and said they found the bag dumped with everything there

Wow. That is great news!

So they didn't take anything at all?

Or were they just after your £1 locker money? :hehe:

D.

all well and good going on about re coding a set of new keys but the old keys will still remain active so you dont achieve anything except for adding another set of keys that can access the car that is assuming you only get a new set of keys cut by the dealer and not a new lock set

but anyway good that you got your stuff back, does the gym only have lockers?? is there no safe box area - my local pool has a set of safety deposit boxes right next to the reception which is great

You can De code all the keys and start from scratch only the keys that you recode will work

all well and good going on about re coding a set of new keys but the old keys will still remain active so you dont achieve anything except for adding another set of keys that can access the car that is assuming you only get a new set of keys cut by the dealer and not a new lock set

but anyway good that you got your stuff back, does the gym only have lockers?? is there no safe box area - my local pool has a set of safety deposit boxes right next to the reception which is great

I stumbled across this topic earlier today when I discovered I'd lost a key. I'm pretty sure it's in the house somewhere but for peace of mind I'm interested in the recode proceedure.

However, is there any fear whilst doing the proceedure that you could get locked out of the car completely or is it safe. I.e. if it works, then the key is recoded, if not then it carries on working as normal?

• 1 month later...

We just had a key stolen (amongst other things) for our 98 GS300.

So we would like if someone could advise how to re-program the immobilser and remaining key fob with a new code so the stolen key can no longer work.

I have read the re-code post on this site - but I am unclear if this simply puts old code on new key - meaning stolen key would still work.

or if the code on car and key would change and so stolen key no longer work would no longer work.

Please could someone help. Also does it have to be done to the valet key as well?

Many thanks

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links