Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Stolen Keys

Right

went the gym this evening got back to my locker to find it was open and pad lock GONE and all the things inside my locker had GONE

straight away i ran out the gym to check my car was there and it was

In the locker was my change of cloths, and CAR KEYS only in my car which was outside the front door was 2 phones laptop and ipod so it could be worse!

So if they have my keys cant understand why they havent took the car

Asked the gym to check the CCTV they told me it was not working.

The gym said they were not covered as things are left at own risk - but under padlock shouldnt they be covered?

Rang the police there going to send people out to check for finger prints but cant see any being found.

Also cause the CCTV isnt working wont this give me a case to get some help of them,

I dont want to claim on the insurance

PS worst of all i was in the process of joining this company http://www.boomerang-tag.co.uk/claim.htm

don't want to scare you but if your car was parked by the opening of the gym, they probably the keys are for your car, they may keep and eye out for your car and take it at a later date.

I checked with lexus and it is quite expensive to get keys cancelled from the car, something like new locks etc.

hope they get the b*****ds

don't want to scare you but if your car was parked by the opening of the gym, they probably the keys are for your car, they may keep and eye out for your car and take it at a later date.

I checked with lexus and it is quite expensive to get keys cancelled from the car, something like new locks etc.

hope they get the b*****ds

ya i understand that

car is ok at the minute cause at home it is parked on a thin drive and its always parked behind two others.

But going to do a few other things like add steering wheel and that

Just dont want to loose my 3 years no claim

Get more keys cut and coded. If Lexus want to charge a bomb to de-program the old keys, do it yourself - instructions are on this site somewhere.

Is there anything they have taken with your name and address on??????? sorry to make it sound worse but if there was too much activity joe publec/CCTV in the car park at the time and they may decide its easier to come back later if they have your address................. do you have a steering lock or something you could borrow untill its sorted

Oh and as for the Gym I think you would struggle to claim anything against them

What f :tsktsk: ers really feel for you mate

Good Luck

Right

went the gym this evening got back to my locker to find it was open and pad lock GONE and all the things inside my locker had GONE

In the locker was my change of cloths, and CAR KEYS only in my car which was outside the front door was 2 phones laptop and ipod so it could be worse!

The gym said they were not covered as things are left at own risk - but under padlock shouldnt they be covered?

Rang the police there going to send people out to check for finger prints but cant see any being found.

Also cause the CCTV isnt working wont this give me a case to get some help of them,

PS worst of all i was in the process of joining this company http://www.boomerang-tag.co.uk/claim.htm

you can do it yourself if you get some new key fobs and re-code them no need to go to lexus just get some new fobs and the recoding process is on the site

Get more keys cut and coded. If Lexus want to charge a bomb to de-program the old keys, do it yourself - instructions are on this site somewhere.

de coding old ones how much this cost

you can do it yourself if you get some new key fobs and re-code them no need to go to lexus just get some new fobs and the recoding process is on the site

no nothing in the bag with name or address on

just looking for the recoding on the site

so basically myself i can de code the other keys and buy a new key and recode all the others to it

Yes the de-coding/recoding process is just a sequence of opening doors/pressing the door lock 5times etc etc can be quite difficult but can be done all the same i had to do this when i changed the batterys in the fobs lexus wanted £60+vat ill try and dig out the process for you

so basically myself i can de code the other keys and buy a new key and recode all the others to it

Yes the Coding/recoding process is just a sequence of opening doors/pressing the door lock 5times etc etc can be quite difficult but can be done all the same i had to do this when i changed the batterys in the fobs lexus wanted £60+vat ill try and dig out the process for you

cheers

so when i re code the new keys the old keys de code thanks for everyones help much appreciated

is this it

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/ind...mp;#entry200629

Found the posts you need GOOD LUCK

You could try to reprogram the remote. The procedure is as follows:

1). With driver's door open put programmed key into ignition, do not turn, then remove it.

2). Within 40 seconds:

Press LOCK and then UNLOCK on driver's door switch 5 times at 1 second intervals.

Close and open driver's door.

3). Within 40 seconds:

Press LOCK and then UNLOCK on driver's door switch 5 times at 1 second intervals.

Insert key into ignition and switch ON and OFF:

once to keep original remotes,

twice to erase original remotes.

Remove key from ignition.

System will now lock and unlock:

once if originals kept,

twice if originals erased.

4). Within 40 seconds:

Press LOCK and UNLOCK buttons on remote simultaneously for 1.5 seconds.

Within 3 seconds press any button on remote for 1 second.

Locks should then lock and unlock once.

If locks lock and unlock twice restart procedure.

5). Within 40 seconds:

Repeat step 4 for additional remotes up to a maximum of 4.

To exit programming insert key into ignition or close driver's door.

Pat

I don't think you need the master to reset the fobs how may spare keys do you have? i was quite lucky somehow i had 3 when i bought mine if you only have one spare maybe lexus will copy it no doubt at great expense LOL

You can programe any IS200 FOB to fit any IS200 but obviousley the KEY itself is vey individual so if you only have one spare you will probably need a new one

I should have said remember you can only use YOUR spare keys to do this

well my master key has been stolen

so my bets option is to buy a spare key and re programme them all

I don't think you need the master to reset the fobs how may spare keys do you have? i was quite lucky somehow i had 3 when i bought mine if you only have one spare maybe lexus will copy it no doubt at great expense LOL

You can programe any IS200 FOB to fit any IS200 but obviousley the KEY itself is vey individual so if you only have one spare you will probably need a new one

i have two spares three button one and valet key

would this do http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/remote-key-fob-for-l...1QQcmdZViewItem

Only if your going to use the fob because obviousley the key won't fit the ignition

i have two spares three button one and valet key

would this do http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/remote-key-fob-for-l...1QQcmdZViewItem

Any other lockers broken into ?

Anyone see anything (they never do)

Harsh to say, but they are after your car .... and they willl come back to get it ......... if it's from your house, or they spot it local in the area .......... :ohmy:

Harsh to say, but they are after your car .... and they willl come back to get it ......... if it's from your house, or they spot it local in the area .......... :ohmy:

do i have a case if the CCTV wasnt working?

No other lockers broken into

Yes did you see the post with the de/re coding process i must admit it took me bloody hours to get it but it does work

i get you now

so my first thing is to re programme my other two keys to stop the other key being accessable to my car

Yes did you see the post with the de/re coding process i must admit it took me bloody hours to get it but it does work

i get you now

so my first thing is to re programme my other two keys to stop the other key being accessable to my car

ya i seen it maybe a job for tomorrow

The gym do have a duty of care towards their customers (customers and not their belongings)but ultimatly your responsible for your keys they might offer you a discount on your next years membership but i really don't think they will do much more than a goodwill gesture even if the CCTV wasn't working

do i have a case if the CCTV wasnt working?

No other lockers broken into

right tomorrow i will do this

if i do it correct the key that hasnt been re programmed if i use that the alarm wont switch off this correct?

Also worse case they come back and i have re programmed it they try to get in the will be able to open the door but alarm will sound continually

I know this sounds confusing but when you decode all the fobs to do with that car are decoded only the fobs you RE CODE will work and yes they would be able to get in your car with the key but the alarm will sound

The alarm only sounds initially for 15/20 seconds unless there is movement in th vehicle after the 15/20 seconds are up

Hope this helps

right tomorrow i will do this

if i do it correct the key that hasnt been re programmed if i use that the alarm wont switch off this correct?

Also worse case they come back and i have re programmed it they try to get in the will be able to open the door but alarm will sound continually

Is there anything they have taken with your name and address on??????? sorry to make it sound worse but if there was too much activity joe publec/CCTV in the car park at the time and they may decide its easier to come back later if they have your address................. do you have a steering lock or something you could borrow untill its sorted

Oh and as for the Gym I think you would struggle to claim anything against them

What f :tsktsk: ers really feel for you mate

Good Luck

Right

Sorry you got robbed.

However there was a case about a year ago when a member of David Lloyd Cheadle I think it was won in court a claim against the gym where thieves broke into his locker and stole his keys (I think he had a Porsche).

Some hope there maybe someone else can help?