Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Best Car Alarm

Steve

i was wondering if TOAD alarms where any good?

My car is too old for a lexus alarm... i dont even buy Toyota/Lexus parts that much such as brake pads etc...

Unless of course i have to send away for parts and wait 3 weeks when Honda dealers can do it in 48 hours!

META are another good make they do some really good imobilisers and alarm additions i had a complete system fitted to my rover and never had a single problem with it in 7 years............

it used to page me when there was somthing happening around the car,,,,,,,,,:cool:

There is a decent company called GAP that come to you (work/home/where-ever) and install. They will fit Cat1/2 or other alarms, immobilisers and Tracking devices.

If you mention you heard of them via Honda-R, I believe that you should get some discount.

Toad is good. I have a friend who installs alarms (not local to me) and he highly rates Cobra too. I have a Cobra on my CRX, Toad on the NSX.....

There is a decent company called GAP that come to you (work/home/where-ever) and install. They will fit Cat1/2 or other alarms, immobilisers and Tracking devices.

If you mention you heard of them via Honda-R, I believe that you should get some discount.

Toad is good. I have a friend who installs alarms (not local to me) and he highly rates Cobra too. I have a Cobra on my CRX, Toad on the NSX.....

I would not entertain GAP Security. We have used them before and found that their aftersales is disgusting. Furthermore the idiot I spoke to on the phone who was cocky in the beginning and then felt the aftermath of my anger!

Basically their engineer screwed up and when we phoned them to get the engineer to come out they tried to charge us... they would not except responsibility.

Sorry but i would stay away from GAP. Maybe if their aftersales was ok i would recommend them.

Things that have gone wrong since having the alarm fitted by GAP

Squaeky door

electric mirrors do not work

electric windows kept shortening out

alarm was placed in the wrong place and Alarm sounds so quiet it is hard to hear it in the house

we spent £500 and with we had gone to a local alarm fitter...

If anyone uses these guys make sure you double check everything... because once they drive off they will never come back!

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

[Edited on 4-3-2002 by Administrator]

Oooo - sorry to hear you have had problems! Surprised too though as we have had a lot of people use them without problems - they were recommended by the Insurance company that gives us discount - and he has had quite of lot of his cars (and bikes) sorted though them... perhaps I should stick with recommending Jon!!! :smilegrin:

I expect they are ok until things go wrong... they were so rude on the phone to my brother... more or less was taking the ***** out of him...

the guy spends £6500 on a motor and then gets wrecked by GAP...

I called them and the guy started to become cocky with me.. then i was let loose on him and had him on his knees! LOL

I threatened to sue them through my FSB solicitors and then they panicked and promised to send the guy round. The engineer called and promised to come round and he never turned up. Totally useless.

they should sort out the idiot of a sales guy or whoever he was and sort out their support plus the engineer wants to take more care.

As you can see it made me very angry :mad:

but as for Toad.. yeah good alarm! LOL :tumble: