Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Wen't Looking For A New Stereo

GWilso

Some of you may have read that recently i had the dreaded err3 message so iv'e decided to by a new stereo (aftermarket) I went into my local sound gallery and told them I wanted another 6cd changer they only had a couple on the shelfs and he said I was looking at around £400 before fitting (suddenly Lexus reapair sounds more appealing)

He asked if i was an ipod man which i'm not he said that he could sell me one of his Stereo+ipod+ fitting for less than half the previous quote

He also added cd changers are a thing of the past and I could hold a hell of a lot more music on my ipod what i did forget to ask him b4 I left can any ipod fit any ipod compatible cd player as his ipods were way more than i would pay at argos etc or do I need to buy the stereo+ipod set????

Any input folks would be great

Cheers

I have my Ipod connected to my stereo and currently have around 3000 songs on it, My Ipod will hold around 10,000 songs. You can't get that many on to a cd.

It depends what you are looking for really. With cds you'll also have them laying around in the car. Ipod you dont. Just fit it into the glove box.

But Ipod with stereo etc is going to be more expensive. But you can get an ipod nano (smaller version) pretty cheap now a days. Compatable stereos can also be got quite cheap, depending if you want to go for touch screen etc.

Car audio where I bought my set up sell some good stuff at pretty good prices. I can dig out the link if you like?

I have my Ipod connected to my stereo and currently have around 3000 songs on it, My Ipod will hold around 10,000 songs. You can't get that many on to a cd.

It depends what you are looking for really. With cds you'll also have them laying around in the car. Ipod you dont. Just fit it into the glove box.

But Ipod with stereo etc is going to be more expensive. But you can get an ipod nano (smaller version) pretty cheap now a days. Compatable stereos can also be got quite cheap, depending if you want to go for touch screen etc.

Car audio where I bought my set up sell some good stuff at pretty good prices. I can dig out the link if you like?

agree that an ipod can hold more

but would rather a few cd`s laying in the car than an ipod

also depends if you would use the ipod outside of the car, would certainly be worth it if you did

Sorry to disagree.... but if you prefer sound Quality to Quantity then mp3 format just doesn't deliver.....

granted you can squash about five times more mp3 onto a CD, but i prefer uncompressed audio tracks...

So if you like your music quality.... stick to Cd's....... you could put a 10 stack changer in the boot....

just my humble opinion :blush: