Sign in to follow this  
Infinity

Car Available What To Do

Recommended Posts

Just had Lexus on the phone, my car which has been on order since April and due for delivery in Sept has now been put back further possibly end of October or longer. but they have a cancelled order for the same spec IS250 SE-L MM with the same colour & interior as i ordered available now only difference is the cancelled order has 18" wheels on. Lexus would like a additional £1200.00 for the bigger wheels. I was prepared to wait until Sept for the new reg so the delay wasnt a problem.

I dont really want to pay £1200 for 1" bigger wheels when i could source a reasonable set of 18's and tyres as a spare set for the same money and keep the 17's also.

Dealer says he cant change the wheels for 17's also.

HELP.... take the car or wait for the new reg and a possible longer wait. :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

For here the wait is to Infinity.......................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it was me I would stick to my original order. But it depends on how long your willing to wait if anything they should be throwing in the 18s as a goodwill gesture for your extended delay

Bit of a cheeck if you ask me anyhow good luck

Just had Lexus on the phone, my car which has been on order since April and due for delivery in Sept has now been put back further possibly end of October or longer. but they have a cancelled order for the same spec IS250 SE-L MM with the same colour & interior as i ordered available now only difference is the cancelled order has 18" wheels on. Lexus would like a additional £1200.00 for the bigger wheels. I was prepared to wait until Sept for the new reg so the delay wasnt a problem.

I dont really want to pay £1200 for 1" bigger wheels when i could source a reasonable set of 18's and tyres as a spare set for the same money and keep the 17's also.

Dealer says he cant change the wheels for 17's also.

HELP.... take the car or wait for the new reg and a possible longer wait. :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

For here the wait is to Infinity.......................

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Already asked if the 18's will come gratis and the answer was a deffinate NO

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tell them you will cancel the order as its too long to wait I bet you get the wheels free..or they should be able to swap them over with another car Things are not great in new car sales Iam surprised they are giving you any hassle at all!

alan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hell...

say your willing to do them a favor and take the cancelled order - but your not paying for the wheels..

so either they're free, or as al said, they can easily swap them for a set on a another car...

remember - you will be DOING THEM a favor by taking the cancelled order, not the other way around!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How long is the wait for a BMW, new coupe coming in september..... not that you are interested but to get them worried of losing a sale.... get a few more options that you can use as haggling fodder...... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The dealer has a list of 17 waiting for Auto IS cars so even if i dont take i'm sure someone will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
hell...

say your willing to do them a favor and take the cancelled order - but your not paying for the wheels..

so either they're free, or as al said, they can easily swap them for a set on a another car...

remember - you will be DOING THEM a favor by taking the cancelled order, not the other way around!

I couldn't agree more - taking the cancelled order is helping them out. Free wheels is the least they can offer. They may end up registering it and selling it used which will cost them a lot more money!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should ask the salesman to be completly honest with you.

Then and ask him how much the Guy who has cancelled should of been paying, then do the sums with what you have paid, I bet the differernce doesn't come to £1200 !!! :blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
You should ask the salesman to be completly honest with you.

Then and ask him how much the Guy who has cancelled should of been paying, then do the sums with what you have paid, I bet the differernce doesn't come to £1200 !!! :blink:

yeah i would be holding out for the free wheels.

as a last option...how much was the wheels you was going to put on yourself?

offer him that much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep I say call their bluff i really can't see them taking the chance of loosing a sale over this even if they apparently do have another 17 waiting on the list BU :tsktsk: IT

If their not willing to budge on the 18s ask them what their willing to do about your waiting time

How long is the wait for a BMW, new coupe coming in september..... not that you are interested but to get them worried of losing a sale.... get a few more options that you can use as haggling fodder...... ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont see that you have anything to lose, fight for the FOC wheels and make sure you point out the fact that you are totally p'd off with the extra delay.

Tell them if they are not careful they'll have 2 cancelled orders. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I dont see that you have anything to lose, fight for the FOC wheels and make sure you point out the fact that you are totally p'd off with the extra delay.

Tell them if they are not careful they'll have 2 cancelled orders. :)

Spot on advice :winky:

Threaten to walk...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just had Lexus on the phone, my car which has been on order since April and due for delivery in Sept has now been put back further possibly end of October or longer. but they have a cancelled order for the same spec IS250 SE-L MM with the same colour & interior as i ordered available now only difference is the cancelled order has 18" wheels on. Lexus would like a additional £1200.00 for the bigger wheels. I was prepared to wait until Sept for the new reg so the delay wasnt a problem.

I dont really want to pay £1200 for 1" bigger wheels when i could source a reasonable set of 18's and tyres as a spare set for the same money and keep the 17's also.

Dealer says he cant change the wheels for 17's also.

HELP.... take the car or wait for the new reg and a possible longer wait. :duh: :duh: :duh: :duh:

For here the wait is to Infinity.......................

:angry: I originally wanted 18" rims on my SE-L but did not as was told they were not a factory option and could only be had in the UK as a dealer fit which meant the original 17" came with the car albeit in the boot :blink:

Your dealer saying you have to pay £1200.00 is therefore nonsensical as according to my local dealership the SE-L came with 17" anyway so they must have them to retrofit....and it shouldn't cost £1200.00 to change the tyres back to the original set :tsktsk:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should ask the salesman to be completly honest with you.

Then and ask him how much the Guy who has cancelled should of been paying, then do the sums with what you have paid, I bet the differernce doesn't come to £1200 !!! :blink:

yeah i would be holding out for the free wheels.

as a last option...how much was the wheels you was going to put on yourself?

offer him that much

Just the standard 17" wheels. But the 18 inchers are an additional 12 big ones as an option over the standard wheels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there any depreciation to consider if you take the cancelled one and register it now or wait for you own and have the newer reg.....?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Is there any depreciation to consider if you take the cancelled one and register it now or wait for you own and have the newer reg.....?

No sold mine back to Lexus back in April and did a deal at that point just incase the retail price of the cars goes up or my old IS200 dropped too much in depreciation. I knew there would be a wait, but not this long. Plodding around in a Ford Connect Van at the momment, i think that is what is pushing me towards taking the cancelled order.

But i am struggling to justify £300 a corner for bigger alloys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i am sure that you won't need to pay the £1200, stick to your guns.... :devil:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
i am sure that you won't need to pay the £1200, stick to your guns.... :devil:

Just come back from the dealers.

They are adamant that the deal we have done on my car has already been discounted heavily so the are not prepared to add the alloys at no additional cost.

Looks like i am in for the long haul. My car may now not arrive until the end of October.

Is anyone out there waiting longer. :question: I ordered mine on the 7th of April

If anyone is looking for an IS 250 SEL Auto MM in Blue or Black (Black with 18" Wheels and the Blue with standard 17's and a sun roof) Newcastle have 2 looking for a home.

To Infinity and beyond........................ :megaangry:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i am sure that you won't need to pay the £1200, stick to your guns.... :devil:

Just come back from the dealers.

They are adamant that the deal we have done on my car has already been discounted heavily so the are not prepared to add the alloys at no additional cost.

Looks like i am in for the long haul. My car may now not arrive until the end of October.

Is anyone out there waiting longer. :question: I ordered mine on the 7th of April

If anyone is looking for an IS 250 SEL Auto MM in Blue or Black (Black with 18" Wheels and the Blue with standard 17's and a sun roof) Newcastle have 2 looking for a home.

To Infinity and beyond........................ :megaangry:

Not your fault, yet they won't budge. Sounds all too familiar.

Lexus or not, dealers are all in it for just the money - you always come second!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think you might be suffering because of high demand for the new IS. I was in Lexus Manchester today and they had a car in the showroom which was frankly stunning. It was a new IS250 in silver, lovely light grey interior and a serious set of smoked 18" alloys. The sales chap said it would be gone by the weekend and seeing as I was talking to him about a '03 IS200 I had no reason to doubt him.

The question that has not been asked to this point is how much discount was applied to your original order Infinity? If it's a lot then I can see what the dealer is saying, the car they have can probably be sold for full whack and it's higher specced than yours, so they're going to do that and make you wait for your order!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Infinity.

Major dilemma. When I was ordering mine, I wanted a Blue one, but was told it could be 4 months wait. They had a silver one in the showroom with all the other features I wanted, so I say yes to the Silver one. Should have held out for the Blue and maybe had no rattle or other problems.

Anyway, will be hard to wait for another 3-4 months after waiting 3 months and now driving a VAN :duh: .

Is 1,200 expensive in the UK for 18" wheels and rubber?, that's about $750-$800AU per corner which sounds rather expensive.

Try offering 600 for the 18s. They may do a deal.

Also, I know you have only just posted this, but surprised no one has offered to make a swap/deal with you. There have been a few posts about LOC members wanting 18" wheels and couldn't get them.

Good luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The dealer has a list of 17 waiting for Auto IS cars so even if i dont take i'm sure someone will.

If thats what they have told you....id think twice about it...they will say anything to close a sale. Stick to your guns regardless of what you decide. As the others have said, if you take the cancelled order do it on the basis it benefits you not just the dealer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would have asked if they would also have thrown in the original 17" wheels and Tyres (You have already paid for them after all). Then you could have sold them on and that would offset some the £1200.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know this is going against what most of the others have said, but if it was me I would offer to go half way and get the car with the 18s, which I'm pretty sure they'd accept :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this