Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Fitting An Ipod Connector In A Ls 430

Well I finally got my hands on one of the SoundLinQ SLI iPod interfaces and promptly started to investigate getting it fitted.

First port of call was Lexus Oxford, where I bought the LS 430 from, it's now two weeks later and they've still not got back to me. :(

In the meantime I also tried Lexus Hatfield who initially replied quickly for clarification and quoted me around what I expected to pay but have now ignored two further queries and it's now been over a week since I've heard anything from them.

Finally I tried Lexus Milton Keynes and fair play to them I've had two very prompt and courteous responses but they're quoting £111 an hour including VAT and expect the job to take two hours, so £225 in total! (Although if it takes less than two hours they'll charge me pro-rata.) :ohmy:

Now I know it's a £50k car but I'm sorry, over £100 an hour to get behind the dash is just more than I'm willing to pay.

I'm feeling quite disallusioned with Lexus right now, probably unfairly. I've had my 430 for over a year now and was seriously considering the 460 later this year but I'm really having second thoughts.

Rant over. :angry:

Well I finally got my hands on one of the SoundLinQ SLI iPod interfaces and promptly started to investigate getting it fitted.

First port of call was Lexus Oxford, where I bought the LS 430 from, it's now two weeks later and they've still not got back to me. :(

In the meantime I also tried Lexus Hatfield who initially replied quickly for clarification and quoted me around what I expected to pay but have now ignored two further queries and it's now been over a week since I've heard anything from them.

Finally I tried Lexus Milton Keynes and fair play to them I've had two very prompt and courteous responses but they're quoting £111 an hour including VAT and expect the job to take two hours, so £225 in total! (Although if it takes less than two hours they'll charge me pro-rata.) :ohmy:

Now I know it's a £50k car but I'm sorry, over £100 an hour to get behind the dash is just more than I'm willing to pay.

I'm feeling quite disallusioned with Lexus right now, probably unfairly. I've had my 430 for over a year now and was seriously considering the 460 later this year but I'm really having second thoughts.

Have you thought about using an aftermarket installer, A local (leicester) place worked some I-pod fitting magic on my matee's boxter and it was a nice job and when he went for service Porsche said it hadn't invaldated any warany either.

Have you thought about using an aftermarket installer, A local (leicester) place worked some I-pod fitting magic on my matee's boxter and it was a nice job and when he went for service Porsche said it hadn't invaldated any warany either.

Thanks, I'll try that. Anyone got any recommendations for an installer in the Watford/Hemel Hempstead area?

Agree with your frustration but what would be better then an LS460? I have an RX - still looking for an i-Pod solution so would be interested to know how you get on.

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I read your post with interest and followed the link for the iPod interface. It certainly sounds like a great addition to a fabulous car. I would be very interested in having one fitted to my car, which seems very similar to yours by the way.

However, I have one concern which concerns fitting the device. All the instructions on the linked site seemed very confusing, and I certainly wouldn't know where to begin. Have you been able to get it fitted to your car yet, and if so does it work as well as the link suggests?

I will review your comments with great interest!

Thanks

:)