Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I have a new shape GS. One year old from Lexus. I've had it three months. Just had it back to Lexus to get dash rattles cured (hopefully). Now the SatNav no longer picks up RDS-TMC info. I have been told to set the radio to TA (althought I am not sure I had this set before it went in and the Traffic info was working). After a 30 minute jounrey including listening to the spoken trafffic news on Heart, still no RDS-TMC info according to the display.

Curiously while the car was in I was given a new RX to drive. Lovely new map display and instanteous traffic info display on map

Any suggestions how to get the RDS-TMC to work or is it back to LExus again??

Thanks

TudorDoc

This works on mine - goto AUDIO and switch to FM channel. Then switch on EON.

What is EON?

I have gone to Audio and selected TP then gone to Menu and the RDS-TMC. The source is lsisted as "automatic" but has "no reception" If I press manal, it looks for a staion but does not find one

TudorDoc

EON = enhanced other networks which offers the ability for local stations to 'break into' a national station's broadcast for the duration of a Traffic Announcement. Can't remember how you switch it on but it's in teh manual. Switching this on sorted the problem for me.

The official definition is :

"Enhanced Other Networks (EON)

Most RDS tuners are now fitted with the EON facility, which offers the ability for local stations to 'break into' a national station's broadcast for the duration of a Traffic Announcement. When listening to a BBC national station, such as BBC Radio 3, EON will tell the radio about any traffic bulletins being broadcast by BBC stations in the local area. The radio would switch to the local BBC radio station for the travel bulletin, then back to the national station when the bulletin had finished. For example, when travelling through Oxford whilst BBC Radio 2 is tuned-in, the radio will switch to BBC Radio Oxford for any travel bulletins, with the TA function switched on. This feature is not usually implemented on commercial radio stations, such as Classic FM. While a proportion of the RDS datastream is used to provide programme and contact information for Classic FM, a small amount is classed as an "Additional Services Licence". This spare capacity on the RDS is used by Itis Holdings to provide a RDS-TMC (Radio Data System-Traffic Message Channel) service, using Classic FM's RDS. Cars fitted with the necessary electronics are able to decode this information and it is used to provide navigational and traffic information."